“W-wait you knew about this?”

“You can't turn your back on me now. Because if you do, it'll make you an accomplice too.”

No.

No...

“April fools!! Mom I don't know what you're blabbering about.”

“What?”

“Nothing much happened, I was just kidding. Ethan's party went without a hitch. His Dad went back overseas again for some meeting and her Mom also tagged along. Dad and I are on our way home. ”

There was a long pause.

“What?” the voice on the other end on the line was so cold.

“Did you give my gift?” there was some irritancy in that voice.

“Yes, but since you said the music box mustn't be played before his birthday I thought it was broken so I replaced it.”

“You.did.what?! Do you have any idea what it is for?!”

“Why are you so concerned about gifting other people's son? Aren't I your son?”

Please say yes. Please say I'm your baby.

“You jerk! It will change your life! Our lives!! It was all for nothing! Tell your father to never call me! You have no idea how hard I planned it all!!”

The phone went dead.

So was his affection for his Mom.

***

The next day, his mother was caught secretly. She threw in a rage when she saw that her son lied to her. It turned out that her boss already worked in making the transfer of deeds and only Ethan's signature was needed. They made it appear as if he was only agreeing by making her his guardian.

The news was then made public. It also mentioned how Bryan helped in catching his Mom, giving him a better image, especially with a mother like that, discrimination won't be evaded since he is her son. Though it won't completely eradicate prejudice against him, it somewhat made him appear heroic.

Because of that event, my parents decided I will start to study abroad and we will also live elsewhere. Bryan kneeled in front of us and apologized. He promised to never bother us again and will start to care for Uncle Emilio.
My parents pitied him so they promised they'll pay fully the hospital bills and his tuition fees until college.

He was so ashamed and thankful that he cried while kneeling.

I am now discharged at the hospital. It is now May. Weeks have passed since that incident. Aside from Uncle Emilio, Laeticia still haven't woken up yet.

I felt so guilty. I apologized to the Ross couple for failing to protect their daughter. I can't stop my tears from falling.

Lady Erica hugged and thanked me. Her kindness only makes me guiltier.

“Lady Erica...I..I failed..”

“Ssh..you don't. She will wake up. I know it. I also wasn't there and you and Sylv saved my daughter. Thank you.”

Mr. Robert didn't say anything and just kept on holding his daughter's hand.

Lady Anne also came. I also bowed to her. Bryan also bowed with me to them.

“ I am so ashamed my mother caused this all. Please do not blame my cousin. I am the wrong one here. I am willing to receive any punishment in her stead.” he kneeled and kowtowed at the end.

Of course they have some grudge to him and his mother too. But they didn't say anything.

“I know we're not rich...but if there came a day when you needed help. I'll definitely repay you.” he said before he left.

***

Today is the day I will leave America and study elsewhere. My friends all knew about this and they all decided to stop going to Westminster Academy and study elsewhere too. Which is nice since Richard won't get to know them anymore. So they have no more connections.

I was alone with Laeticia in her room.

I always bring gifts whenever I visit her.

This time, I gave her another painting.

It was the same one as the old one I gave her on her 7th birthday, she was also in the rose garden. But this time I also drew me beside her. Sitting in a wheelchair while chatting happily with her.

I want to leave a little bit of me in her. So I drew myself in this last painting. Maybe she'll have some remnants of memories of me.

I looked back again at the sleeping child on the bed.

She grew beautifully these past two years. Her platinum blonde hair grew longer and I liked it so much. As much as I want to see her grow and be friends with her..

I know she'll forget me.

The doctor said there's a possibility she might forget due to that head trauma.

So this is how Laeticia in the novel got over her hatred to Richard after knowing they're engaged.

Knowing she got engaged to the man who let her fall on her 7th birthday's dance.

She had amnesia.

She forgot all of her hatred to Richard.

Once again, for the third time...

She'll forget me.

I don't know why I'm hurting so much.

Maybe we were never meant to know each other..

Maybe that's the reason why in this novel she is called the villainess because she competes for the male lead...

She was never meant to be called the villainess because of being close to the novel's villain..

Who happened to be me..

Author's Note:
Yay!!This is the end of the Childhood Arc Aaaaaa!! Thank you so much for voting and supporting this story hahha... Please continue to support this novel..We are now near to the true story XD..Also Ethan, don't be sad T^T