Chapter 17

I am just having a lunch with my fiance in the cafeteria. It was supposed to be another of those boring days.

Haa...I can't wait to go home and see my little cousin, Laeticia.

She's such an angel. To pass the time, like as usual, I entertained my fiance about my cousin.

“Your cousin again?” he declared irritatingly.

“Shut up.”

Although ours were an arranged one, we are fond of each other. Though I'll never say it to him though, it's embarrassing. I rather die first than tell him that. But I knew the bastard knew anyway, he always teases me.

Then in the corner of my eye, I noticed the peaceful courtyard, not a single person present. It is weird since mostly it's bustling.

Then I noticed a figure.

It's a boy and he's running.

It's a written rule here that elementary students aren't allowed in the secondary vicinity.

My fiance seemed to notice too because he started to frown.

“PLEASE HELP MY FRIEND! ”

We were surprised at how loud he shouts. My fiance was irritated and proceeded to scold and send him off.

For a kid he is cute. I even heard other girls say so.

Then I noticed it.

That desperation in his eyes.

It cannot be faked. Plus he appears tired, his clothes are wet from sweat. He seemed to notice me.

“Please follow me, miss. Thank you.”

His voice is so hoarse.

He must be shouting non-stop. Before I could ask him to take a breath, he dashed.

I'm amazed at how he seemed to have faith in me and his speed. Wow he is fast.

I didn't think twice and ran after him.

As usual, my fiance followed suit.

“Do you really believe him?”

Of course I do. A child can't fake desperation.

And I was correct. The scene we saw was shocking I had a momentary lapse of judgment.

There was an unconscious boy lying with his head bleeding. And I noticed the crying one, he tried to apply pressure to the head and elevated it. His crying figure while explaining it broke my heart.

“The infirmary is this way!”

My fiance and I were removed from the trance of shock as we heard him say that. My fiance didn't say anything and carried the wounded boy.

I proceeded to comfort the child and console him. I was shocked at how much blood his friend has lost.

“You did well.”

As I said that, the boy cried.

“Sister...m-my friend!! His..l-lungs are w-weak!!”

What?

That boy he has been running and shouting.

I can see why he chose to run to the highschool's cafeteria. It is nearer compared to the elementary cafeteria.

The crying boy insisted that we follow my fiance and his friend.

He even showed me a wounded bird. It had one of its wings broken. Apparently their wounded counterpart decided to save it.

With his bloody clothing, I hugged him while we head to the infirmary.