Chapter Eight: We Don't Talk about '87 {Night Four}

The bells toll on twelve and the night shift begins. It was a constant routine every night but we all got used to it. Night four was one of the harder nights but night five was definitely the hardest; according to Ian. We begin with our plan to split off into groups and my group was the same as last time; me, Olivia and Ian. Skippy and Dragon went in a pair so they went to cover the left side of the building while we cover the right side. Our side had Pirates Cove, the Kids Area (a somewhat strange name but whatever) and the air vents so we had our work cut out for us. Every little sound, every creak and squeak made me paranoid. Every two seconds I look around myself just to make sure nothing was following us.

As the clock turns to one am a thought crossed my mind. Why do the animatronics only move at night? I heard about something called The Bite of '87 but no one ever spoke about it.

"Hey Ian?" I ask to get his attention. He looks down at me and I continue, "What happened in 1987?"

He sighs and thinks about his answer for a few seconds before clearing his throat and speaking, "One of the animatronics went haywire and took some poor kids frontal lobe out. I'm pretty sure it was Foxy because after that, he was stuck in Pirates Cove and there's a sign outside his door that says 'Out of Order'. That's also the reason why the animatronics can't roam freely during the day, only at night. It's in case an event like that happens again. It's also one of the events that nobody speaks of, ever. This place has a bad enough reputation so they didn't need anything else soiling it."

"You're f--" Olivia starts but is cut off by the sound of scratching emanating from the door next to us. I didn't let Foxy out, I think to myself. I notice Olivia going for the door and I slap her hand away.

"What are you, stupid? Haven't you realised that this place is a death spot and you're about to open the door to whatever's hiding behind there?" I say my tone tinted with harshness. I didn't mean to sound so angry but these past few nights have been tough for all of us, it's natural to be like this. Right?

"I'm sorry okay? Jeez I get that you're annoyed but I was just checking the door." Olivia retailiates before pulling up the monitor and then looking up at me, "Did you lock Foxy in there?"

"What? No. No! No..." I reply as the scratching and growling sounds gradually get louder and I scoot away from the door, "Okay I did. But it's only because he went a little nuts, he grabbed my arm and I've got the scars to prove it."

"Maybe we should leave him there then, I don't want to mess with him. Especially if that's how he's acting." Olivia replies as we all begin to walk away from the door. The night goes by gradually, one am tolls to two am and then three am rolls around. It wasn't easy going so far; we had been chased by Muse and by Bonnie already. We were down to twenty percent battery and I knew we weren't going to last much longer if we carried on like this. Suddenly a loud crackling noise emits from my pocket and I take the walkie talkie out only to hear Dragons distressed voice.

"Guys! Help! Chica and Leon! Chasing us--" A low groan cuts Dragon off for a few seconds before she continues, "Don't think-- last longer-- I'm sorry guys--" then a loud piercing robotic scream fills the speakers and the walkie talkie switches off. Nothing but silence follows that. We all exchange worried glances and then sigh, we've lost another two. Another two of my friends. Gone. I swear that when I get out of this place...

"Should we... should we keep going?" Ian asks but his only response was Olivia and I sighing. I didn't care anymore, I had lost so many of my friends. Whatever happens next I accept it with open arms. I hear footsteps behind us and I ignore them, much to Olivia and Ian's dismay. They begin to panic as the sounds get closer but instead of running, I turn around to face the animatronic and stare it right in the eyes. It stops in its tracks and stares back at me before slowly moving forward. My heart pounds in my chest as the animatronic comes into view and then screams as loud as its robotic voice box could allow. I feel it grab me by the shoulders and then drag me behind it as it clunked back down the hallway. I look behind me and see Freddy standing behind Olivia and Ian and I try to scream out to tell them both but I feel something heavy hit me harshly on my head and I pass out from the pain in a matter of seconds.

I awake in a room filled with spare animatronic parts and I recognise it to be the Parts and Service room. I groan and try to move my arms but find it almost impossible. I slowly move my gaze down to my arm but instead find something else that looks nothing like my arm-- a robotic arm. Panic runs through my body as I gradually pull myself up into the sitting position only to see my ankle was robotic also. I try and cry out for help but no noise comes out, only a weak yelp. I move my still human arm down to my robotic ankle and flinch from the coldness of it. I see a small pool of blood at my ankle and my metal arm was coated in dry blood. I weakly pull myself up by grabbing onto the table in front of me but fall over in the process. I hear someone walk up behind me and I slowly turn around to see Olivia holding out her hand to help me up. Her left arm was robotic and her right side was the same. I take her hand and get up to my feet, rather shakily.

"It happened to you too?" She asks and I nod my head as I gesture to my arm and ankle. I notice that my t shirt was ripped and I feel my neck to see that was also made of metal. Aren't I supposed to be dead? How did we live through that?

"What happened to...?" I question and Olivia shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know. He disappeared as soon as we came here. Maybe it's six am?"
Just as she says that the speakers come on, "Night shift is now over and all animatronics will power down for the night. Day shift will commence in a few hours."

{ayy Olivia I was gonna kill you but three deaths is too much for one chapter but not both Skippy and Dragon are dead, only one. if you want then you can guess which is dead idk or alive even
also I realise this ending may bear some resemblance to some other fnaf fanfic but I promise I didn't copy them because I had that idea in mind even before I wrote this sequel so don't leave any comments saying 'oh that's like {insert book name}' because I'll just delete it lmao}