Chapter Four: The Suits {Night Two}

As the bell tolls on twelve, we hear the whirring and clicking of the animatronics as they start to switch themselves back on. We had all met up earlier as our shifts ended and the pressure was on tonight. Apparently as the week progresses, the robots begin to get more active to the point where it's impossible to keep track of them. If they see you tonight then there's no means of escape except... the spare suits. I found a couple earlier so I came to the conclusion that if we get spotted then we can hide in them to escape. Olivia switches on the monitor and begins to check each room as two of us keep watch with our flashlights to see if any of the animatronics were already out of place. After a while of silence I begin to feel unnerved, as if someone was watching us. An animatronic maybe? Or a person? I couldn't get rid of the looming feeling so I decide to look around me to clear my suspicions. My flashlight lands upon the figure of a man and I jump in fear, quickly scrambling backwards. Everybody's first instinct was to run but as the figure held its hands up in surrender, I realise it wasn't an animatronic.

"It's only me! Jeez I didn't think I was that scary..." Ian says sarcastically as he walks towards us. I take a few seconds to catch my breath and hold my flashlight down beside me, "It would help if you weren't watching us while we're looking out for animatronics bent on killing us." I reply scrunching my eyes quickly before turning back to Olivia to check on the monitors.

"It's clear. Don't worry, there's nothing here other than us." She says giving us the thumbs up. I nod my head and turn back around, "So where have you been? Why did you just run off like that when it was six am the other night?" I ask Ian curiously while still keeping my wits about me in case anything else was here.

"That's uh a little hard to explain. Not exactly the best story for now, especially at this hour." He replies as he glances down at his wrist. I notice that the hour hand and minute hand were frozen on his watch and I stare at it for a while before he moves his wrist away, "Anyway need a hand tonight?"

"I guess so. Any help would be great tonight." Dragon says as she stands upright, "I don't have a good feeling about this place anymore."

"You mean you had a good feeling before?" Skippy asks, staring at Dragon as if she was crazy. Dragon shakes her head and rolls her eyes, "No I mean something feels... off."

"Maybe it's the fact that we're surrounded by murderous animatronics that are creepy and shouldn't be allowed to roam at night?" I ask as I cross my arms over my chest. She rolls her eyes again and flicks her flashlight on, "C'mon guys we shouldn't hang about here."

We walk around the building and decide to split off into groups, my group being me, Olivia and Ian. We all take different sections of the buildings and my group end up with the West Hall so we begin to make our way down there.

"Ian can I ask you something?" I ask suddenly which makes him turn his head towards me, "You looked at your watch earlier but your watch is frozen on the time, five am. It's only one am right now. Did something happen to you here or did you just forget to buy new batteries for your watch?" I continue. By this point Olivia had become interested in my conversation so she swaps her focus between us and the monitor.

"Like I said it's hard to explain. I wish I could explain this but... it's pretty hard to understand." He says, this time in a harsher tone than before. I sigh, "Look whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I can understand it. I'm not stupid you know."

"Now isn't a good time." He replies in a dead tone. I look up at him in a confused manner before hearing an ear piercing screech not too far from us. Another scream follows it but is then silenced and I begin to hear my heart pound against my chest with every sharp intake of breath I take. It was only the second night and one of my friends was already dead. One of my friends was killed by the animatronics. But who?

"Do we think we should check that out?" Olivia asks. I look at her with a dead expression and she slowly turns back to her monitor, "I don't even want to think about who that was..."

"Maybe you should focus on yourselves more than your friends right now." Ian says coldly. I turn my head back up to him and scowl but before I can speak, he interrupts me, "I might sound harsh but you said you wanted help and I'm giving you some right now. Just focus on yourselves right now and later, you can see who was... killed."

"I understand." I say simply and quietly as I turn back, one of my hands in my pockets and the other holding the flashlight limply. The thoughts of who it was seem to cloud my mind and I wasn't able to focus on what was in front of me until I walk into something. I fall backwards and rub my head as I try to look up only to see a limp endoskeleton with blood dripping from the seams and human like features inside it. I crawl backwards slowly and stand up quickly as I look at the blood covered endoskeleton. I close my eyes and look away from the horrid sight in front of me. I feel a hand on my shoulder followed by a rather cold one on my other shoulder, I look at either side to see Olivia standing on my right hand side and Ian on the left. 'His hand is freezing... it's not even that cold tonight.' I think to myself as the hands remove themselves from my shoulders.

"Come on, we better leave. We don't know if the animatronic is still hanging around here. We best if we leave Pixel here now." Olivia says her tone of voice was hurt and sad. I sigh and nod my head as we retrace our steps backwards, maybe my idea of hiding in the suits wasn't the best? I mean whose to say he hide in one of them though? And where was Sophie? She was Pixels teammate, maybe she managed to get away?

"It's nearly four am and we're down to virtually no power, I'm not sure how we're gonna last if these flashlights run out as well." Olivia says to break the cold silence that hovered over us as we began to wander around aimlessly. Just then we heard footsteps run towards us and our attentions quickly turn to the running lion animatronic that was coming straight from us. We run as fast as our legs could carry us and into the back room where a collection of suits lay on the floor. I point to three of them and we each climb inside the suits, staying silent as the door to the room slowly opens and the lion searches around for us. I try not to breathe in the horrible smell of the suit and I keep my hands to my sides. I accidentally move my hand down the arm of the suit and feel something wet around the paw of it. I clench my eyes together as I slowly move my hand back up, not really wanting to know what the substance was.

"Nobody." The lion mutters to itself as it clunks out of the room. I sigh out of relief and climb out of the suit, wiping my hand against the head of it to get rid of the traces of whatever it was that was in that suit.

"Time?" I ask simply. Olivia pulls the monitor up and checks the time, "It's five am and we have... one percent left. Fantastic."

"Just watch, it'll turn six am before you even realise." Ian says as if he knew what would happen next. The light from the monitor shuts off as do our flashlights as the entire building plunges into silence and darkness. From the crack in the door, I see a pair of glowing white eyes staring at us as a nursery rhyme plays in the background.

"Please turn, please turn, please turn." I mumble to myself as the song suddenly stops. I fall silent and hear the blood pound against my ears as the silence was cut short by an annoucement,

"Night shift is now over, all animatronics will power down for the night! Day shift will start in a few hours."

(I'm hoping to enter this book into the Wattys so expect a lot more updates for this and possibly long chapters as well! I hope you guys are still enjoying this so far and I hope it's still interesting! To anyone confused about the lion animatronic, it's from the last book I did in this series which basically explains everything. Thanks!)