"Interesting! What does page for have?"

"I don't know, it's really weird. It has four mirrors, or at least they look like mirrors."

"Do they have objects in them?"

"Yes."

"Okay, there would be a red block in the upper left square. Do you see it?"

"Yes."

"Make it move next to the blue vase."

"What is I pass out?"

"That is why I am here, and why we are practicing."

"Okay"

Casady closes her eyes and wishes the red square to move next to the blue vase. When she opens her eyes she sees that nothing has happened. She tries again, and this time it moves to the blue vase.

"Good, now make the green lamp disappear."

Casady focuses on the green lamp, closes her eyes, and wishes it to disappear. When she opens her eyes she sees that it is gone.

"I did it!" Casady exclaims.

"Good, now make the green lamp reappear next to the blue vase."

This time, Casady has a hard time doing it. She closes her eyes and wishes, pleads even, but nothing happens.

"Think of the lamp, every detail. When you have that vivid image I your mind, then make it come back."

Casady does just what Beverly says and it works! Although, once it completely reappears, Casady starts shaking violently, then she passes out. Beverly, as if she has been trained for this, lays her on her side.

"You are going to be passed outdoor an hour unless I do everything just right." She whispers into Casady's ear.

Beverly flips to the first page in her book which is entitled, The Minds Cure. It contains everything Beverly needs to know about Casady's condition and how to treat her when different things happen. She grabs a pinch of some powder and places it on Casady's tongue. Within seconds, Casady is awake.

"What happened?"

"You passed out again."

"I need to call the doctor."

"No, you do not. I am your new doctor. He has no idea how to treat your condition."

"And you do?"

"Yes, like you, I was given a book. It explains everything that I need to know about treating you when different things happen."

"Hmm, and what is the book I gave you about?"

"How to train you and what is in your book."

"Does it explain why I was chosen to have these powers?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Can't say"

"Why not?"

"Because, I am not. Aloud to tell you for a week."

"That's not fair!"

"Life's not fair."

"Whatever"

"I think that, that is enough practice for today."

"Are you sure."

"Yes, it says that after you pass out, we need to stop."

"Interesting."

"So, what do you want to do?"

"I want to know more about my book."

"Okay, so let's learn!"

"I am going to make a list of each page and what it contains. That way I will have a key to guid myself through the book too."

"Good idea, here is a notepad and a pen."

"Thanks!"

Casady takes the pen and notepad and immediately starts writing what each page does, and is for. She knows what pages one through four are used for, but she wants to know more. She flips to the fifth page to find it full of some sort of writing.

"What in the world?" She asks.

"What?" Beverly responds, curiously.

"There is a bunch of writing in a different language. Does your books say anything about that!"

"It's says that it is in Russian."

"Why would it be in Russian?"

"I don't know!"

"Touché."

Thankfully, Beverly knows someone who speaks Russian. She immediately calls and asks Thomas if he could come over. Within a few minutes he is standing right outside her door.

"Hey." He says, then realizes that Casady is there also.

"Hey, so I need you to translate something for me. From Russian to English."

"I will try my best."

"Thanks."

"No problem, let me see this," he says picking up the old book and begins to study it,"that is very interesting."

"What is?" Casady says beyond thrilled.

"Well, it says that 'The keeper of the mind is of upmost importance. They are to secure the mind and keep it in mind at all cost, no matter what the price. Help the one in control not to loose control. For the keeper must be with this one at all times. The mind is of it's own product, a mind. It has abilities beyond fathomable to ordinaries. Good luck! Signing off, X.' What is this about, minds in control? what does this all mean? what are you two doing?"

"We are doing a project in history class about myths and legends. We each received a book that is weird. We are supposed to unlock everything it says and take notes." Beverly lies at ease, as if it is something she does often.

"That is one weird project! Well, if you need anymore help, Beverly, you know where to find me." he says with a smile, handing the book back to Beverly.

Once Thomas leaves, Casady addresses Beverly, "So, do you like him?"

"What do you mean? Are you crazy!"

"He obviously likes you!"

"Yeah right. Do you know how many times I have tried to find out?"

"Well, I just found out." Casady says, matter-of-fact.

"Ugh, we'll talk about this later. What did you make of the page?" Beverly rolls her eyes, trying hard to change the subject. She has had a slight crush on Thomas for the past two years.

"I don't know. I guess it is a message to both of us." Casady answers, complying with Beverly's plea.

"Yeah, so your mind can take control of you? That's a little bit disturbing."

Instantly after the words escape Beverly's mouth, the book begins to shake itself open. It opens to the first page where the mirror is located, and both Casady and Beverly are transported elsewhere. As they arrive to where the book transported them, they are not on ground, they are falling in the sky. Plummeting straight toward the earth, with absolutely nothing with them to break their fall.