Chapter 7 - Where Are You Going To Punch Me?

Start from the beginning

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I want you to know I don't think you and Kelly making out is a big deal, and if you guys are into each other, then don't stay away from her because of me." I turned into the school parking lot, "Kelly's obviously upset about it, too. My sister and my friend are hurting, and I can't see why. I have no idea how to be a good friend or a good sister. Both of you are acting weird about it. If that's all it is, that you think you shouldn't have been kissing my friend, then that's no reason to blow her off."

I scoffed. I so wanted to tell her the whole situation, but like I said, I wasn't going to be that girl.

"Kristy...I just don't think Kelly and I were on the same page. I thought she was really nice and really into me. She wasn't. It's not her fault. I'm the older one. If I go around making out with people I don't know very well, then I have only myself to blame for misunderstandings and hurt feelings. I'm not going to cry about it, but I'm not going to let it happen again, either. Lesson learned."

She gave me a sad look and stepped out of the car.

"Maybe you should talk to her about this. Maybe you guys aren't as far apart as you think."

"Trust me," I said. "We're pretty far apart. Oh, by the way, tell Darian I'm going to punch him in the crotch the next time I see him."

Kristy slumped and gave a defiant/sassy look.

"Where are you going to punch me? I started it." She shut the door and headed for the school.

* * *

Fortunately for me, my best friend Cindy came back into town that same day. That meant I had a distraction over the weekend, and an excuse to get out of the house. We did lunch, filled each other in on our summers, etc. I was able to put Kelly out of my mind, and stop wondering if she and Timmy were hanging out at that very moment. That is, I could forget about it until I tried to go to sleep, but watching Netflix until I was exhausted helped with that.

My work week came, and that gave me another distraction. Monday and Tuesday flew by, then Wednesday came, and so did another band practice. I had received a short text from Tommy on Tuesday asking if I was coming, and promising that he and Timmy would be total gentlemen. I said I'd be there. So, after dropping Kristy off, I headed to Tommy's.

I pulled into his driveway a little later than usual, and the guys were already set up. I figured by showing up late, they could talk about whatever they wanted to without me around. The usual hello's were more hesitant than normal. I think Timmy and Tommy (TnT as they referred to themselves collectively) were afraid I was still on edge. They were right.

When Cullen needed his first smoke break, he motioned to me, asking if I wanted to join him. I shook my head. I didn't want to admit that I hadn't taken his advice. Unfortunately for me, the other two took the chance to talk about Timmy's love life.

"So how was this weekend with the new girl?" Tommy asked Timmy with a sly smile.

"Let's just say, it couldn't have gone any better, if you know what I mean. Very eventful."

I rolled my eyes as a wave of disgust rolled through me and settled in my stomach. I knew it wasn't going away anytime soon. They both glanced at me, and must have noticed my reaction.

"Hey," Tommy said quickly, "So...I need to ask you about the chord change in the AC/DC song."

I forced myself through the rest of practice, then went home and watched Netflix until three in the morning.

* * *

"Are you sure they're still having volleyball today?" I asked, looking out the window. "It's Friday anyway. Shouldn't they just cancel it?" My weather channel app said severe thunderstorms with hail were moving into the area.