Chapter 64 - The Beginning of the End

As chaos swept the dimension, destruction and helpless cries followed. It was a truly horrifying scene. Buildings and crops were destroyed as if a deadly plague broke out all of a sudden. Piles of dead bodies were scattered everywhere.

Those who managed to survive continued to flee, but not until they were caught by the emissary of death itself. When someone dared resist, a more cruel and brutal fate awaits. Soon, the glorious Phoenix Garden that everyone envied was nothing but a place of rubble. It was a mere graveyard for the unfortunate.

"Do...ke....bi...." (I'll join you now, friend.) 

At that moment, Can woke up from his nightmare. He quickly gasped as he felt anxious all of a sudden. Yet, when he saw that he was only in his room as he lied in his bed, he realized that it was only a bad dream. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He should visit Phoenix Garden soon.

"Glad that you're awake. I made you breakfast," Tin said as he closed the door from behind with a spell as he held a tray that was full of seemingly delicious and fancy food.

Seeing that Can seemed to be in distraught, he laid the tray in front of Can and kissed his forehead.

Can looked up at Tin as he snapped out of his daze from his nightmare.

"Was I that bad in bed that it looked like you had a nightmare?" Tin teased Can in order to lighten up his mood.

"Wha-What are you talking about?" Can felt uncomfortable all of a sudden as his thoughts about his nightmare were put at the back of his head. When he tried to move, it was then that he felt a pricking pain from his lower body. He hissed as he stopped moving.

"Don't move. Just rest," Tin said as he placed the eating utensils properly in their places on the tray.

There were three breakfast dishes on the tray. There were roasted poblano rice grit and egg bowl. Another one was an omelet with bacon, mushrooms, and ricotta. Then there were pearl sugar waffles with bacon and plums. As for the drink, it was a glass of water filled with various cut fruits that contain antioxidants such as strawberries, blueberries, red apple and with the addition of citrus flavor: lemon.

 As for the drink, it was a glass of water filled with various cut fruits that contain antioxidants such as strawberries, blueberries, red apple and with the addition of citrus flavor: lemon

(A/N: roasted poblano rice grit and egg bowl )