Chapter 54 - Fools

When everyone heard the old man and his grandchild's conversation, they could not help, but sneer.

"Who does this old man think he is?" a male guest whispered with a sarcastic tone.

"To offend Prince Axel means death. They're clearly seeking death," another guest whispered.

Everyone seemed to have the same opinion towards the two that they were seeking their own death due to their arrogance.

Suddenly, the trusted advisor who was slightly older than Prince Axel spoke with confidence, "This good sir, are you aware of what you're saying? This item is not meant to be played with by a child. As an advisor to the French royal family, I humbly ask that this good sir give us and the audience some respect."

Hearing such words, the audience agreed.

"Yeah, why would you use such an important item on a ridiculous game? Are you mocking us?" one of the audiences who wanted to be on the French royal family's good side said.

Similarly, everyone who wanted to be on the good side of the French royal family started saying the same thing towards the old man and his grandchild. With this, like a domino effect, almost the entire audience in the stadium was against the two.

Looking at the situation, the advisor smirked. These low and sly kinds of people who wanted to get on their good side have their good use. This should stop the old man from bidding.

"Pfft! Hahahaha!"

Everyone stopped their conversation to one another and looked at the direction where that mocking laugh came. It was from the old man.

"What's it to you people how I want to use this item? If that Prince of yours can't outbid me, then that's his lost and not mine."

Pointing at the trusted advisor of the royal prince, Pond who was disguised as the old man continued, "You don't need to ask such people who wanted to be on your good side to turn against me and my grandchild. Such a tactic doesn't work on us."

The audience immediately became silent. The trusted advisor suddenly became infuriated from embarrassment as he looked at the old man who was hidden by a black cloak and mask.

"YOU..."

As the trusted advisor was about to lash out, he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. It was Prince Axel.

With a calm face, Prince Axel slightly shook his head at his trusted advisor as he continued to focus on the item that was on the stage.

Fighting during the auction event was prohibited. When the trusted advisor realized this, he bowed his head towards the prince and apologized to him.

Nodding, the prince continued to bid.

"$32, 000, 000."

Everyone was amazed at how the prince calmly and gracefully handled the situation. Truly worthy to be part of the royal family.

"Prince Axel, don't let this old man take the item! Teach him a lesson," one of the female guests who was clearly a fan of the prince shouted with enthusiasm. One by one all the female fans in the audience started cheering Prince Axel. The male audience, although reluctant and jealous from not having such attention from the ladies, also cheered.

"Good! Good! This prince seemed to be worthy to be my opponent," Pond said as he caressed his white beard.

"Can he outbid me though?" Pond continued while smiling.

"$35, 000, 000."

"$36, 000, 000."

"$40, 000, 000."