Chapter 14 - Kiss Good Night

(unedited)

"Is there a problem?" Tin asked the saleslady.

"Of course not sir!" the blonde lady said as she shook her head. She was truly surprised that the person who was with Mr. Phiravich could actually be special. Although she was  not quite sure what was the relationship between the two, she figured that she could not risk offending this boy who looked like a nobody with his appearance. It is her first time seeing this person in this establishment. She is sure that he is not from a wealthy and well-known family since he does not portray the presence of being one at all and that is evident with his poor quality and taste of clothing.

"I'll check our storage from the back and look for the size you wanted. Now if you'll excuse me," she said while keeping her graceful manner as she walked towards the storage room of the store.

Can immediately stood next to Tin who was busy selecting new clothes.

"You are buying clothes for me!?" Can asked while still confused about Tin's odd behavior.

Tin grabbed one of the expensive clothes from the clothing rack and tried to measure it against Can's small body.

"Are you listening to me Tin?" Can asked once again as he shoved the clothing back to Tin.

"You don't have to pay for it if that's the problem," Tin finally answered as he looked at Can who seemed to be annoyed. How cute.

"I do! I don't want you to buy me expensive clothing. I don't need your money too," the little beast summoner retorted as his eyes furrowed. Is this how filthy rich people treat us poor people?

The little beast summoner's reaction seemed to be unexpected to Tin. Why is he mad? I'm giving him free items. Shouldn't he be happy? When I buy expensive gifts for Pete on his birthday, he would usually be happy. Why is it not the same with Can? He thought that buying Can expensive items would put him on his good side.

Can saw Tin's confused reaction. He figured that since most likely he never had friends around him aside from Pete, who is also a rich person, he did not really know how to interact with others.

"Tin, I don't need your charity just because I'm poor." The little beast summoner sighed.

"If this is about my family's comments about my clothing, you don't need to bother. I'm going to buy my own clothes but not here."

Tin did not like the idea of him buying low-quality and trashy clothing somewhere. He wants to buy Can's clothes! 

Although the clothes in this particular mall are expensive, they are not used just for fashion. The Golden Heaven is quite special, because it is one of the stores that offer specialized items. Each floor of the mall offers different items for different level:  the first floor offers low-level items, the second floor offers mid-level items, and the third floor offers high-level items. The clothing and other types of equipment found in the Golden Heaven have different beneficial properties. For example, a shirt that is bought from this mall can increase a person's defense against elemental attacks; another example could be a pair of shoes that can enhance a person's speed. Tin found out that Can just broke through the higher level according to Pete when the two met. This is part of the reason why Tin dragged Can to the third floor and buy him new clothes. Aside from trying to be on his good side, he did not want Can to buy any clothing from cheap stores that offer little to no benefits.

"Then consider it as an investment," Tin said as he continued looking for new clothing.

"An investment?" Can asked.

"You owe me your life right? How can I ask you to do things for me if something were to happen to you hm? At least with these, I can be assured that you are protected," Tin continued.