12. A Healing Journey Begins

Start from the beginning

🍥🍥🍥

When summer vacation was over. The trio was more on the broken side. Naruto was still dealing with an impending fear that Sakura would come after him again. He had only confessed to Shisui and Shikamaru, not knowing his mother had knowledge of it all.

The first day back to school was the first time he saw Sasuke since his birthday date. Needless to say, the encounter went horribly with Naruto shoved almost at every turn by Sasuke.

Sakura looked at him with a pained look in her face. Regret was slowly eating her up. It was making her feel sick, this is what she wanted but it was not how she imagined to achieve it. Seeing Naruto scared of her made her feel like a monster.

Sasuke hated Naruto to the bone, there was no way he could ever be redeemed in the Uchiha's head.
Shikamaru was Naruto's rock. The only person who did not heed the Nara's warning was Uchiha Sasuke who kept bullying his best friend.

The blond kept trying to stop Shikamaru from acting on his impulses, until one day at Kendo practice where he just couldn't stand the smirk on his face whenever he hurt Naruto. He was so angry that he socked him so hard he broke Sasuke's nose.

Shikamaru was suspended from school for two weeks after that incident but he had his gang members keeping an eye on Naruto.

🍥🦆🍥🦆

October 10th,

Naruto's sixteenth birthday. The first month of the fall semester was lifeless. The only highlight was winning his tenth-year world championship in a row. Even that was almost taken away from him. He was broken when he had to tell Hinata-chan that he could no longer physically train her.

He stood in the administration, his teachers in front of him. His mother and uncle by his side. He saw the medical emergency bracelet that his mother made him wear and was not a fan of it. He tucked it under his beige school cardigan.

The school bell rang but their sensei was not there.
Naruto walked besides Inoichi-sensei. Only the sound of their footsteps in the empty hallways. His pupil-less light blue eyes landed on the boy beside him, what Kocho sensei had told them no one expected. The boy had just won tenth year in a row, he looked as healthy as an ox but somehow he was sick.

His service dog walked beside him protectively. They got in the room together and Naruto took his normal place.
There were questions shot and looks directed his way but he ignored all of it.

Sasuke felt the anger boiling up inside him, he had to bottle it up since that day. He wrote a note and threw it Naruto's way.
'u and me, after class. Ya fucking rapist' Naruto showed no reaction whatsoever and crumbled the piece of paper leaving it on the side of his table.

The class was over and Shikamaru came to Naruto's side. An action that somewhat subdued Sasuke's rage.

The youngest Uchiha walked out of school, walked to his favourite spot. A secluded spot he and Naruto discovered last semester. He found Sakura in front of him. She couldn't bear it anymore. She wanted the guilt off her shoulders, something else prompted her to tell the truth.
"Sasuke-Kun-..." she took a deep breath in "I-...Naruto didn't...-...I lied" she stuttered, her voice inaudible.

"What is it? Did he come near you?!" He shouted in anger. His rage rising when he saw the blond come from the covered path and sitting down at the bench. "You have some fucking nerve!!"