Chapter 31

Mal slowly opened the door of her dorm. She quietly walked in.

"M! I'm so glad that you came back! I'm sorry about earlier. It's all my fault, and I didn't have to force you to tell people that you're pregnant when you weren't ready. And if don't want to be my best friend anymore, I completely understand."  Evie said right after she saw the purple-haired girl coming back. Mal smiled at her best friend.

"Looks like you missed me."

"I did, I mean we're almost always together."

"E, look... about earlier, it's my fault, not yours, you were just trying to help and was a horrible person who just yelled at you for nothing. And I'm so glad that you still want me to be your best friend." the two hugged for a long time. "Also, I missed you too. And I need some serious sister therapy."

"What happened? Who's ass I have to kick?"

"No one's. Just Ben is so busy and we barely see each other, but I need him by my side."

"Why don't you just tell him that you need him?"

"I tried, but he doesn't understand. That's the reason we got in a fight."

"I'll talk to him and if he still doesn't understand, I will beat him up no matter if he's the king or not, cause no one hurts my sister and gets away with it!"

"Thanks, E." there was one more hug. "You're always there to save my feelings and life. Talking about life, the baby has a heartbeat."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, I heard it today at the doctor's appointment. Turns out I'm 11 weeks pregnant."

"11?! That's amazing!"

"I have some ultrasound pictures." Mal showed them to Evie.

" Mal showed them to Evie

"So that's your baby?"

The purple-haired girl nodded and sighed. "I wish Ben had seen it too."

"What do you mean?"

"He's even too busy to come to see his own child."

"Don't worry he'll try to be less busy or he'll get in big trouble." Mal laughed at that.

"Just don't beat him that hard cause I don't want to have a husband with a broken arm or leg."

"Um, M I have to tell you something." then Evie told her best friend about the Audrey situation.

"Oh E, you didn't have to lie for me!" then there was a third hug.

                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, about 5 a.m. at Mal and Evie's dorm.

There were few knocks on the door.

"If there isn't a fire in the building GO AWAY!" Mal yelled still a bit asleep.

"I'll open!" Evie who was with messy hair and in her pajamas and went to open the door. For her surprise, Doug was standing in front of it. "Doug? What are you doing here?"

"How didn't you tell me?!" Doug shouted.

"Tell you what?"

"This!" the boy said and showed his girlfriend the today's newspaper.

"You came here at 5 in the morning to make me read a newspaper?!"

"Just read it." he gave it to her.

" he gave it to her

Her mouth dropped. "Audrey!" she angrily said. "Doug. It's not what you think!"

"Really? Cause I think that my girlfriend hasn't told me that she's pregnant, but the media already knows."

"Yup, it's definitely not what you think." she threw the newspaper on the floor and held her boyfriend's hands. "Doug, I lied to protect Mal."

"What? What Mal has to do with this?"

Evie closed and locked the door. "M, should I tell him?"

"Do whatever you want just let me sleep," Mal mumbled.

"Okay, so, I'm not pregnant."

"But..." Doug gave her a confused look and pointed at the newspaper.

"Mal is the one that's pregnant. I lied to protect her, cause Audrey eavesdropped our little fight earlier. "

"Oh, I understand. I'm sorry for not trusting you and for waking you up at 5 in the morning. I'm an awful boyfriend." he said feeling a little guilty.

"No, you're not. We all make mistakes sometimes." then she kissed him. "But you're really lucky that I love cause if I didn't you would be dead." Doug just nervously laughed. "Now, since we're awake I offer you we going on a date."

"Sounds good." then they kissed again.