Chapter 1

erroneous
[ uh-roh-nee-uhs, e-roh- ]

containing error; mistaken; incorrect; wrong:

Lexi smiles as she sees Lewis cross the finish line in first place again. So far, he's off to a great start to become World Champion for the 6th time. She feels the cameras are focused on her, as they always are when Lewis wins a race. She gets up from the chair and follows the rest of the team to greet Lewis after the race.

It's been two years since she started traveling with Lewis and it has been a roller-coaster to say the least. Flying from country to country, a new place every other week. So many fans waiting to catch a glimpse of their racing hero, hoping to get a picture or an autograph. Most were happy he had found happiness with her. Others, not so much. But all the struggles were worth it because she was with him. At least, that's what she told herself.

Lewis climbs out of the car and stands on top of it as the crowd at the track cheers for him. He jumps off the car before running over to his team, where he also finds Lexi, smiling at him. He pulls her in for a hug, happy to have her by his side as always.

"Come with," Lewis says, making Lexi look at him confused.

"What?"

"Come with me," Lewis repeats as he goes to pick Lexi up. She squeals as Lewis lifts her over the fence.

"Are you sure this is allowed?" Lexi asks as Lewis takes off his helmet, knowing the post-race interviewer is waiting for him. Martin Brundle this time around.

"Lewis, amazing race. Your 75th win. You seemed to have a great start. Do you think that that decided the race for you?"

"Definitely, but the team also did a great job today! So thank you to the entire team. But if you don't mind, I would actually like to talk about something a little different," Lewis says, making Martin look at him confused.

"Not at all, what is it you want to say?" he asks. Lewis steps to the side, pulling Lexi closer to him and in front of the camera.

"I don't know if you all know this amazing woman, but this is Lexi Cooper. We first met 2 years ago, right here at the Chinese GP, when she became my PA in place of her father when he was in the hospital. Today, I can't imagine my life without her," Lewis says, making the crowd 'ahww'.

"What are you doing?" Lexi whispers to Lewis as he turns around to face her. Vince walks over and gives Lewis a small box. He walks away again, watching from a distance as Lewis goes down on one knee.

"Lexi Cooper, will you make me even happier than you've already have and marry me?"

Lexi gasps, not knowing how to react. They had talked about marriage before but had always said that it was something for the future as their lives were still so busy now. Marriage would be the next chapter.

"What is it gonna be Lexi?" Martin asks before holding the microphone in front of Lexi, making her realize the whole world is watching her right now and expecting an answer. And they'll only be happy if they hear one answer.

"Yes," Lexi says, making Lewis smile widely. He gets up and puts the ring on her finger before kissing her softly.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too."

"Let's hear it for the happy couple!" Martin calls out and the entire track erupts in cheers and applause. Lewis takes Lexi's hand and leads her away from the camera's as Martin moves on the interview Valtteri, who finished second.

"You're crazy," Lexi says when she's sure there are no camera's around.

"I'm sorry for putting you on the spot, I just felt it was so fitting since it all started here for us."

"We should've talked about this."

"I know, I know. But I wanted to surprise you."

"Well you succeeded in that."

"Lexi, please, don't be angry with me," Lewis sighs, not wanting to fight as the other drivers could come in any moment.

"I'm not angry."

"Yes, you are."

"Fine, maybe a little. Can we talk about this later?"

"Of course," Lewis says as he wraps his arms around Lexi, kissing her cheek.

"It's not that I don't want to marry you, it's just..."

"I know, don't worry."

Short chapter to start, but hopefully you guys like it! As it says in the title, this book will have slow updates as I'm in my last year of uni at the moment and there's a lot going on. But I'll update whenever I can! Let me know what you think of the story so far and what you hope to see happen in the comments. And don't forget to leave a vote ;)

Love

Evy