10. Love, Jealousy and Deception

Start from the beginning

They went back to the guesthouses together and shared one last kiss before they both went in to their designated house. 'How am I going to get out of this one?' he sighed as he walked in.

🦆🦆🦆

It actually wasn't until some time around 9pm that he thought of his brothers and his best friend. He normally gets a text from Naruto early morning, he hadn't had one that day; it was disappointing. He liked Naruto's morning texts. It made him feel all giddy inside.

'Usuratonkachi, u stayed in today?' he didn't get an answer and noted he wasn't online so he just didn't think much about it. Maybe he was out with his family somewhere.

His phone rang, Shisui's name popping up with his stupid face.
"Hey, ugly face"

"Sasuke, no time for games. Is Itachi next to you? I've been trying to call him but it says his phone his busy"

"Haven't seen him since like....breakfast?" He could distinctly hear voices on the other end, commands that were given and he knew Shisui was in the hospital "are you in the hospital? Did you get hurt?!!!"

"I...was attacked on my walk in the morning...it's nothing bad-.."

"I'm coming over-..." the boy stood up getting his jacket. He remembered the last time Shisui was hurt, his heart raced. He did not want to lose his brother another time. It was a vivid and bad memory.

"Sasuke it's almost 10, I'll be there in an hour anyway" he sighed "if you see Itachi, tell him to give me a call" Shisui hung up.

Sasuke tried to reach Itachi too but he got the same message Shisui did. He was worried now, that his other brother too was attacked.

🍥🍥🍥

Itachi hang up on the phone with the dispatcher. The ambulance was soon to arrive. And the blond teen, the fiftee year old had suffered a cardiac arrest. Thanks to Tsunade's fast reaction she had managed to restart his heartbeats using an AED. The adults were holding their breath.

It was a miracle when he actually opened his eyes and responded to commands on the way to the hospital. However, Naruto was somewhat confused. His grandmother was holding his hand, tears filling her eyes.

He could swear he was with his father. It was their favourite place in Kirigakure, the temperature was perfect and they were under the shade of the oldest Oak tree. The summer breeze carrying the smell of salty ocean water. It was the most beautiful dream.

He felt whole.

Kurama wanted answers and he wanted them now. He drove off with Itachi to the hospital after they contacted Shisui. His nephew was fine, something must have happened. Kakashi was not in a state where he couldn't go back to the guesthouse. He was visibly shaken so he stayed out in hopes of clearing his mind.

When Shisui found out that Naruto had a cardiac arrwest, he felt like he had failed to protect the young adolescent.

He saw the flash of red hair, the set of brown eyes that so obviously wanted to beat answers out of him. Those eyes calmed upon witnessing how much damage Naruto had caused the man.

Itachi knew to stay away, Shisui would never discuss a patient's details with anyone not concerned, for any reason. It was one of the reasons his reputation was more of a testament to him as a psychiatrist.