Chapter 6: Can We Stay Happy?

That was the best vacation that they have every had, all they had to do was hope that they could stay strong. Ever since they returned from a surprisingly successful trip, there has been no arguing what so ever for 2 months until tonight.

Nicki repeatedly called August for two hours, back to back, hearing the voicemail every time. Finally August stumbled in the door at 12 am a little tipsy and went into their bedroom. When he opened the door he saw Nicki sitting on the edge of the bed crying into the palms of her hands reciting "this can't be happening again."

"Hey baby, something wrong? Why you crying?"

"You said you would never do this to me again A."

"Do what? I haven't even seen you all day, I was hoping to come home and lay up with my ol' girl and watch movies all night."

"That's not the message I received when I kept getting your voice mail for two hours."

"I was busy baby, come on."

"Too busy for me?"

"I ain't mean it like that and you know it."

"Are you sure you was with your niggas and not some bitch August?"

"Aye look don't come at me with that bulllshit, you know I love you and I'm done with that."

"I love you too but it's just hard to trust you when shit like that happens."

"We have a fucking beautiful ass baby girl together. Do you really think I would sacrifice losing the both of y'all just for some pussy on the side? I love you, her, and that special thing we have way too damn much just to throw it away like that."

"August, I'm sorry. It's just that..."

"Listen I know where your heart and your mind is, you just gotta have more trust in me. I will always rock with you, no matter what. I love you!"

Suddenly she knew there was no more lies, no more bulllshit. All of that had disappeared and wasn't coming back. She could tell by the tears that she has never seen come from his eyes.

August grabbed Nicki and held her in a tight clutch and they cried together.

"From now on can you just answer my calls?"

"Whatever you say baby, I'll do whatever it takes to gain the trust I need."

"I already got it."

"Well can we just watch the movies like I had planned. This crying shit ain't for me."

"Boy!" Nicki laughed and put on a movie.

They sat in the dark cuddled under the covers loving each other mentally. Enjoying the company they had with each other.