Chapter 4: Going Steady

The aromatic scents of a victory breakfast filled the air, causing August to awaken and see Nicki cooking in her sweatpants and a bra. August bit his lip and rubbed his hands together.

"Oh, good morning baby!"

"What's up love," August walked behind Nicki and pulled her towards his body. "all this for me?"

"You already know I gotta feed my baby."

"I meant you." August bit his lip once again and went in for a kiss.

"Uh no!"

"Nahla ain't gonna hear us. You too fine to put to waste."

"Trust, she ain't gonna hear us, your mom came and got her like an hour ago. I'm saving that for after breakfast."

"Oh ok, look at my baby taking charge!" August chuckled.

"Boy! Just take the damn plate!"

Nicki sat between August's legs on the living room floor and turned on the tv.

"This is the happiest I've seen you in like a month."

"You helped, especially last night."

"So I guess your boy can still put it down."

"You did a lil something something." Nicki giggled.

"Whatever! Give me a kiss."

"Muah! I love you baby."

"I love you too ma."

Nicki got off of the floor and threw the plates into the trash and turned on some music. When she started dancing August got up and joined her. After a while they stopped and stared into each other's eyes. August planted a kiss on her lips and grabbed her wrist, guiding her into the bedroom. Round two just began.

2:00

August's iphone rung on the bathroom counter just as he was just about to take a shower.

"Hey ma, What's up?"

"Nothing, your baby wants to talk to you. Here."

"Hey daddy!"

"Hey baby, how's my little princess?"

"I'm ok, I miss you and mommy."

"Hey guess what!"

"What daddy?"

"Me and mommy are gonna take you to Chuck E. Cheese in a little bit, and we've got a surprise for you next weekend."

"Can you tell me the surprise now?"

"No, that's why it's a surprise. Ok baby put your nana back on the phone."

"Ok, love you!"

"Love you too baby girl."

"What did you say to make her so happy August?"

"I told her that we are taking her out. Can you give her a bath please, we'll be there in an hour."

"Yea."

"Alright ma, love you."

August hung up the phone and proceeded to take a shower.

3:30

Nicki and August pulled up to his mother's house to pick up Nahla, who was already sitting on the porch. When her parents got out of the car, she ran towards them.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

"Ugh, there's my little pumpkin."

"Hey mommy!"

"Hey baby."

"Are you two ready to go have some fun? Because we're running out of time."

The family got into their silver Mercedes G-Class, and went to their next destination.

After Chuck E. Cheese

"Thank you mommy and daddy, that was the most fun that I had in a long time."

"Well I'm glad you had fun."

"Ok, now what is the surprise?"

"We're gonna take you to.... Disney World baby girl."

"Rally mommy?"

"You know it baby!"

"But, there's one more condition."

"What is it daddy?"

"When we get home you have to be good and listen, and then we will go on Thursday ok."

"I promise, I love y'all so much."

"You are too cute."

When they got home Nicki read Nahla a story and August sung her a bedtime song. After she drifted off to sleep, they finished their plans for their vacay, and fell asleep also.