Kara Danvers x Reader

You and Kara have been dating for a couple months now

You and Kara have been dating for a couple months now. You knew she was Supergirl because she had told you early on in the relationship, against both Alex's and J'onn's advice. You knew she had a rough day from the texts you received from her. You planned a special night in just for her.

(Y/N)- Your Name

Warnings- Language

Kara had been texting you throughout the day. Apparently today was just not her day. Snapper had been being extra harsh, there seemed to be something the DEO needed Supergirls help every couple of hours, Alex and Kara had gotten into a small fight, and Kara had to skip lunch due to Supergirl business and Snapper being an asshole. You began to make a plan for tonight that would hopefully make your girlfriend feel better. You, thankfully, had the day off of work so you immediately began to put your pain into motion. You went out to the grocery store and bought a shit ton of Karas favorite junk foods, her favorite drinks, and some candles. It hadn't taken you to long and you had enough time to run down to the florist shop and grab a dozen tulips their colors including red, yellow, and orange. You smiled as you left the shop hoping Kara would understand the meaning behind the colors you had picked and if she didn't well then you would explain them to her. You quickly rushed home and began to set everything up. Kara texted you just after you had managed to bring everything up to your apartment to ask you if she could stop by once she was finished with work. You texted her back telling her she was always welcomed at your place no matter the time. You knew you were now on a very limited amount of time. You set up the food and drinks on your table, put Wizard of Oz on your TV, and put the candles all around your living room lighting them as you went. You felt like you had been forgetting something. You looked around but everything seemed to be in place. You had already put the flowers in a vase, all the food and drinks were set up, you had Karas favorite movie set up on your TV, you had ordered.... SHIT! You had forgotten to order yours and Karas usual from the Chinese place down the road. You quickly dialed the number, you had it memorized after the 5th time you and Kara ordered from them. You put in your usual order but added 2 extra orders of potstickers knowing how much Kara loved them. You had just hung up with them when you heard your front door open.

"Umm (Y/N) what's going on?" Kara asked as she came into the living room. Her eyes widened in surprise at the food and drinks, candles, and the movie on the TV. Your (E/C) eyes met her beautiful blue eyes as you smiled softly at her. 

"I know how rough today has been for you and I decided to plan a little surprise for you. Our usual from the Chinese place down the road is on the way with 2 extra orders of potstickers." You told her and she placed her hand over her mouth as tears began to fill her eyes. At first you began to worry. Had you done something wrong? You thought she would be happy. Before you could over think too much Kara rushed over to you and wrapped you in the tightest hug you had ever gotten from her. 

"I don't even know how to thank you (Y/N). No one has ever down something like this before for me. I love you." Kara told you through her tears before connecting your lips in one of the softest, most passionate kisses you had ever shared. You didn't pull away till your lungs were begging for air. You rested your forehead against hers as you placed your hands on her shoulders.

"Well you've had a rough day baby. I just wanted to make sure that you would be able to relax and unwind." you explained. "Also there is one more surprise." You stepped out of her arms and walked towards the kitchen grabbing the vase with the red, orange, and yellow tulips in it. You carried it over to her and handed them to her.

"Do you know the meanings behind those colors?" you asked her as she took the vase from your hands with a watery smile. She shook her head no as she gently set the vase on the coffee table. 

"Would you like me to tell you what they mean?" you asked her. She kissed your forehead before nodding but before you could answer a knock sounded against your door. Kara used her super speed to get to the door and open it. You shook your head with a soft smile on your face as a chuckle escaped your lips. That woman's love for food could rival her love for you sometimes. Once she had taken the food from the delivery boy and took it to the kitchen she looked back over at you.

"Can you tell me what the colors mean now?" she asked you. You nodded and came to stand behind her wrapping your arms around her waist. She loved when you hugged her like this.

"Red means eternal love, true love, and undying love. The orange tulips show the strength of our bond and connection. The yellow ones Victorians believed that they literally meant there's sunshine in your smile. They symbolize happiness, cheerfulness, and hope. I got those 3 colors because you Kara are my one and only. I will love you till my last breathe and even after that. You make falling in love with you so effortless and I have never had a stronger bond or connection to anyone in my. You make me smile just by being in my life. When I found out that Victorians believed that yellow tulips had literally meant that there was sunshine in your smile I couldn't help but think about your smile. Your smile lights up every room you are in. You feel my life with happiness, hope, and just so much love that I don't know what to do with it all. I got all 3 of those colors because they all represent you and our relationship in ways I can never explain." After you had finished your mini speech Kara turned around to face you. Her endless blue eyes that were swirling with the love she felt for you stared into you (E/C) and you felt like she could she your soul. She opened her mouth to say something then closed it. You patiently waited for her to say what she needed to. 

"I love you with every piece of me. I don't know how I could do this without you nor do I ever want to find out. You are everything to me and I am going to spend everyday we have together reminding you of that." Kara managed to croak out before capturing your lips with hers. She poured all of her happiness and love that she held for you into the kiss and you returned it just as passionately. Today may have been a rough day for Kara but as long as she got to come to you she would relieve it all over again and again and again. 

A/N- If the meanings behind the colors of the tulips are wrong blame google lol.