The Party

When the final bell rang kids burst out of their classrooms. People sprinted to their lockers to get their things before going home to get ready for the party, which apparently everyone was going to (according to Jen and Anna). I didn't really have much of a choice but to tell them that I would go.

"Sooo? What did you decide Mac?" Jenna grinned getting her stuff out of the locker next to mine.

"I'll go but only because you and Anna are going and I don't want either of you to do anything stupid." I said.

Anna squealed "Yay! I knew you would come around to it!"

I laughed and then sighed thinking about how awful the party was going to be. I grabbed the last of my books out of my locker and slammed it closed for the last time. I couldn't tell you how happy I was to finally be out of high school. I was leaning against my locker waiting for Jenna and Annalise to finish cleaning out their lockers when Brendan walked by with his clan of snobbish idiots. Ella, who was Brendan's girlfriend for that week, glanced over at me and mouthed the word "bitch", which the rest of them thought was wildly funny. She then proceeded to laugh in her annoying high pitch cackle accompanied by her equally annoying sidekick Carlee.

I sighed and looked over at Jen and Anna "Could you two be any slower?"

Jenna laughed and closed her locker. "Calm down! You definitely need to loosen up before the party or we won't let you come."

"Gee that would be a shame" I said sarcastically. Annalise finally collected all of her junk and we made our way out to the parking lot.

I threw all of my stuff into the back seat and climbed in. Jenna started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"We should get ready at your house!" Anna said.

"Yeah that's fine" I smiled. "My mom is on a business trip anyway. She'll be gone all weekend."

Jenna pulled into my driveway and we all piled out and into the house. I went into the kitchen and grabbed us some snacks before heading up to my room where Jen and Anna were already going through my closet.

"I didn't know you had so many dresses! You never wear any of them" Anna laughed.

I set down the snacks and nodded "I know I'm just not a girly-girl, dresses aren't my thing."

Jenna rummaged through my closet and picked out a low cut gray dress that I had gotten on one of my shopping trips with my moms credit card, but I'd never worn it. She paired it with a pair of cute black strappy high heels. Anna found a lacy red dress that matched my favorite nude heels.

"Come on Mac! Are you gonna' pick out something to wear or not?" Jenna frowned. I sighed, put my phone down, and started looking in my closet.

"This is cute!" Anna smiled and showed me a sheer black dress with criss-crosses of solid black fabric across the front.

"Ooh and that would go with these perfectly!" Jenna handed me a pair of black heels.

I grinned and thanked them both before going into the bathroom to change. When I came out they were both dressed and Jenna was fixing Anna's hair. I pulled my hair into a bun and put on a light layer of makeup. When we were all finished getting ready we grabbed our bags and went downstairs.

"After the party we should just spend the night here." Jenna said and Anna and I nodded.

"Ok sounds like a plan" I grinned.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When we arrived at the party it was loud and crowded inside his house. His parents were obviously not home because what parent in their right mind would let their kid have a party this wild? I definitely wouldn't.

"I'm gonna' go get something to drink, do you want something?" Anna yelled over the music.

I nodded and yelled back "Yes please!"

"And get one for me too!" Jenna added.

Anna smiled and made her way to the kitchen and while we waited Jenna and I started dancing. We were laughing and having fun when Anna came back with our drinks which we gladly gulped down. I choked and realized somebody had obviously spiked the punch, but honestly I didn't care. For once in my life I was just going to let go and have fun and forget about everything else.

We danced for a while longer and I downed a few more drinks before I realized I wasn't dancing with my friends anymore. I was dancing with the tall muscular boy who was hosting the party... Brendan. I was alarmed at first and looked around for Ella but then I relaxed and continued dancing. Besides, my favorite song was on and I honestly couldn't care less about what Ella thought! I'm not sure if it was the alcohol or how much fun I was having that made me forget about all the awful things Brendan had done, but I knew one thing, I was having the time of my life. Who knew a party could be so fun?

We danced for a while longer before he leaned down and kisses me. I pushed him away and screamed "What in the hell are you doing Brendan? You have a girlfriend!" I backed away from him.

"Not anymore I don't! I broke up with her earlier" he frowned and stepped towards to me again. This time when he leaned down and his lips connected with mine I didn't stop it. I'm almost absolutely positive that I was drunk off my ass because if I had been the least bit sober I wouldn't have let him kiss me.

Things became more intense and before I knew it he had taken my hand and led me down the hall to a bedroom. I wasn't sure if it was his room, but by then the alcohol was in complete control so it didn't really matter. That was the last thing I remembered from the party that night and believe me, no one could have be prepared for the hangover I had the next morning... no one.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey! What did you guys think? Is it still too short? Please comment and vote and all that stuff. I would really appreciate some constructive criticism but please don't be too harsh. After all this is the first book I've ever written! Thanks guys! And again sorry for any mistakes because I wrote this on my iPod.

Love ya❤
Jaidyn aka
Aussie_princess_22