What The Letter Reads

Bakugou's back was on the floor, his head leaning on the side of the teacher's desk and his legs were pulled so he just fit across the space. I knelt over him, my hands on either side of his shoulders. My face was so close to his that I could see every detail of his features as he looked towards the black board, hardly moving at all.

As we froze there, the torch lit the room up in a pale white light, sweeping the room. After a few moments that had seemed like forever, the light faded and the footsteps vanished down the hallway.

I felt the breath that Bakugou let out and he turned his head up to face mine. His eyes widened so much, as if he had just realised exactly what position I was in above him. I heard the paper scrunch in his hands as he quickly turned his head back to look away from me.

"S-shitty-hair, get off and let me out."

In a moment of stubbornness, I didn't shift and stared down at him. "Bakugou," I began softly. "Why is my name written on the letter?"

I felt him flinch underneath me. But he didn't answer.

"Bakugou, tell me." I leaned in closer to his ear. "Please."

He shivered slightly and the letter scrunched again. After a heartbeat he opened his mouth hesitantly to speak.

"Fine!" He spoke sharply then his voice got quiet. In barely a whisper he murmured "It's a confession letter, okay?"

My heart stopped. For a second, I swore I had misheard. "What?"

This time he turned his head to look straight at me his eyes ablaze. "I'm saying I like you, you shithead!"

In the moment of his outburst at me, Bakugou jerked up his head and the space between closed, fast as lightening. Our foreheads collided with a dull thunk.

"Oww, fuck!" I heard Bakugou swear through the whirl wind of thoughts in my mind that distracted me from the pain in my head.

He likes me! He likes me! My brain was panicking. I'm not dreaming, am I? I can feel pain so this can't be a dream. How can he like me?

For the first time since I had first looked at him, I saw that Bakugou's cheeks were flushed a little darker than the rest of his face. And I realised that it was the truth. My eyes widen and my heart fluttered.

"You like me." I mumbled, still a little dazed.

"Yeah," He was quieter again. "It's stupid isn't it. I'm a fucking idiot."

I blinked. "T-that's not what I meant!" I protested. "It's not what I meant at all."

He glared up at me. I could see a little pain in those red eyes. "What else could you mean?"

A moment past before I found what to say. "Bakugou," I began slowly. I leaned my weight to one side so I could tip his head back to face me with my hand. His skin was warm to touch.

He didn't react to my hand and avoid my gaze. I was determined to tell him.

"Bakugou. I meant that I can't believe you like me back."

I felt his jaw tense and a look crossed his face. "What are you saying?" His voice quivered.

Somehow laughter bubbled up from deep inside me. From his stubbornness, his blushing or from happiness I didn't even know but I couldn't help it. This made Bakugou's face mould into a look of confusion.

Still smiling, I lowered my head to look at him properly and finally said exactly what I wanted to. "I like you, Bakugou."

For a moment it didn't look like he processed what I had said to him but then I saw his cheeks get at least three shades redder. My chest warmed and joy flooded through me.

"I like you." I repeated and his eyes widened like small moons.

"I like you."

"I really like you."

I wanted to keep saying it and saying it because each time Bakugou got cuter and it made he feel like I was floating on clouds.

"I like-"

One of his hands covered my mouth and stopped me abruptly.

"Shut-up!" He mumbled, refusing to look at me once again, his face as red as a tomato. "Just shut-up, I get it already."

I couldn't help it anymore I was too happy. I gently grasped the hand he covered my mouth with and pressed my lips to it.

He tensed up all over his body and gasped in surprise. "Ah!" He grabbed his hand back and bonked me on the head with his other fist. "Fricking idiot."

His fist was gentle against me despite his words. I laughed again, completely forgetting we were under the teacher's desk, in the darkened classroom, in the middle of the school.

I guess that it was time we were reminded.

The light in the classroom switched on.

A/N: At some point this was the last chapter but I guess at some point I decided to make it longer. Works for me!
I would write about something about my life but nothing really interesting happened today. Actually this was an idea I had for a story. Just a story about my school and dump a heap of crazy stuff that happen in there and why everybody in the school hates our year lol. It's for a good reason too. I might just write anyway for fun.
Well look forward to that shit! See you next chapter!