post-it notes

modern au
not youtubers au
high school au

idk i haven't written in a while but i love them so yeah

word court: 1648

The first one, he finds on his locker door. He's exhausted from hours of late-night cramming for a first-period maths test, eyes half-lidded and cloudy, but it would be hard not to spot the bright blue post-it note against the dark cyan metal. Feeling much like a zombie, he raises his arm and pulls it off, blinking the lethargy away as he stares at the note in confusion. 

You're gonna ace this test, star-boy. <3 
- bog

Vik had never been one for romance; he was always the kid who watched from the sides as his friends fell in love and got their hearts broken. Always studying, always working hard, never standing still. He moved with the world and somehow still got left behind. And the truth was that barely anyone showed him any real interest. There had been a thing with Kay a year ago, but they didn't work as a couple, and there were no hard feelings. 

The point was, getting a love note from out of nowhere was kind of off-putting. And what kind of name was Bog? But Vik just shrugs, folds it up carefully, put it in his pocket, and hurries off to his group class. It's probably just some dare, he reasons. 

No point obsessing over nothing - especially when he has a maths test to do.

(He does end up acing that test, so "Bog" was right about that, at least)

---

The second one, he finds a day after the first, stuck on the cover of his maths textbook. He'd left it in class, like the idiot he was, and so had to rush back to get it after school, bursting through the door and somehow barely phasing his teacher, Mr Keating, a man who all his students swore was a being beyond this universe. 

"Your book's still on your table, Mr Barn," the grey-haired man says, not looking up from his marking as Vik bent over his desk and gasps for breath. His obnoxiously bright green textbook was still sat there, but there was a blue sticky note as well. 

Told you you'd ace that test. Proud of you :)
- bog

Vik feels a small smile crawl across his face as he pulls the note off and shoves it into his pocket, where the first one still sits. Bog, he thinks, sounds like a lovely person. Then he moves on. It's just two sticky notes, after all, and not that big of a deal.

---

Somehow, two notes turn into twenty. Bog starts to leave them daily, spots of blue colour scattered around the place, somehow knowing exactly when and where Vik will walk past certain areas. Little compliments, comments about his hair or his smile, all signed off with the usual - bog. Simon, Josh and JJ find out, of course, and tease him relentlessly, but they're happy he's "getting a life," as JJ eloquently put. 

---

Your smile is as bright as a thousand suns. I know it's cheesy, but it's true <3
- bog

---

I love your shirt today, star-boy. Yellow really is your colour :D
- bog

---

Sorry I missed yesterday, I was sick. :( So you're gonna get two today! 1: your laugh is my favourite laugh in the world. It's even prettier than the piano music you play. <3
- bog