The Third One Pt. 8

(Before it starts, Id like to say thanks for 50 reads! I know, I know, not a huge amount, but I didn't think we would get 1 by this morning! Thank you!)

Gyro's POV

Another rejected invention?! Why?! God, whatever I do, it's always rejected!

I pace around my lab, wondering what I should do next. I've done nearly everything right? That's when I heard the doors to my lab open. I spun around, coming face to face with the green nephew. Not him again!

"Gyro Gearloose, so good to see you!" Louie held his smile, but I could tell he wanted something.

"What do you want hoodie?" My eyes flared down at him. Last time he asked for something was 4 years ago, but it still spiraled out of control. Who knows what he wants this time?

"Well, I just need to borrow Little Bulb for a bit," Louie pulled out some money out of his pocket "and being the rich nephew, I thought you would like some extra money?" That child waved the money in front of my face. How else was I supposed to resist? I needed the extra funding!

"Fine," I snatched the money out of his hands "let me go get him." I got little bulb and walked him back to the hoodie. I didn't need to say anything about turning evil, he hadn't done that in 3 years.

"Thanks Gyro, bye!" The green nephew raced out of my lab. What have I done? He better not screw this up or I am done for!

Louie's POV

I don't think Gyro actually remembers my name, but who cares? I got little bulb and that's all that matters! Now finding Dewey should be easy!

"Ok little bulb, Dewey is missing. He is somewhere in Duckburg, and since my brother isn't being to reliable, we're going to find him together. Let's go!" I raced across the bridge, the money bin getting smaller and smaller behind me. Hopefully Dewey was somewhere in the middle of town, because that's our starting point!

Dewey's POV

I heard Louie running off, and I sat still, stunned. Wow, Louie is looking for me on his own? Maybe he actually does care! As for Huey, was does Louie mean by unreliable? Did they have a fight or something? I've only been gone a day and a half!

Well, Louie isn't going to find me for a while if he is starting in the middle of town. I didn't choose the best hiding spot, but I'm not dumb enough to go hide in the center of town! I'd be captured in a heartbeat!

Well, I have to go and get food today, from the store. I'm not an animal, no way am I hunting for food. So, I start messing up my hair. If I go out, I can't be recognizable! So I mess up my hair till it kind of looks like Louie's, then I throw on a black hoodie. I found it in Uncle Donald's closest. It was my size, so I took it for this exact reason.

I glance around before coming out of my hiding place. If anyone saw me coming out of there, they would be immediately suspicious. Keeping my head low, I walked through town. The store was somewhere around here, so I just needed to find it, get the food, and get out.

"Ugh, why can't this town be smaller! Finding him would be much easier!" My head snaps up, hearing the unmistakable voice of Louie. He was coming my way. Ok, ok, act cool. Just walk past and don't make a sound.

I tense up each step, knowing I was getting closer and closer to my brother. And then I heard another yell.

"Louie wait up!" Webbigail Vanderquack. Probably the one person from the entire family that would notice me looking like this, especially since I went missing. I heard a small gasp from Louie, and then a smack. I glanced up and almost started laughing.

Webby was on top of Louie, she had obviously tackled him to the ground. Louie looked like he was in pure shock, which I would be as well. She suddenly looked up and stared at me. I shouldn't have been staring! I could've just walked off! Dang it Dewey!

"Hi! I'm Webby!" She held her hand out. Does she seriously do this to everyone? I have to teach her how to introduce herself without doing this soon.

"I'm um... Phooey?" I changed the tone of my voice, making it seem lower then my actual voice. Louie glanced at me, not seeming to care.

"Nice to meet you! We have to go find our friend Dewey, bye!" Webby ran off, dragging Louie behind her. Thank god she didn't recognize me, I would think for sure she would see through my fake name and voice! I guess I'm a good actor! Now, let's find that store.

(Much longer chapter then usual! Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the reads!)