chapter thirteen

louis spent all day while harry was working preparing himself for later. he cleaned up his room, making sure there were no dirty dishes that would be noticeable in the background, along with his dirty clothes laying all over the floor and his bed. once all of that was finished, he showered, and made sure his hair looked it's best, then carefully shaving, leaving a light stubble on his face. louis couldn't believe that him texting his number neighbor would lead to him sorta having feelings for him, and then end up facetiming him as well. it was around 7:00 when he was sitting on the couch, watching tv when he saw a message from harry light up his phone.

harry
hey sorry that took so long. had to close up the shop today. just finishing up dinner i'll be ready soon :)

louis
don't apologize :) i'm ready when you are.

as the minutes passed by, louis was becoming a little nervous. what if harry won't like him? what if he says something wrong that harry doesn't like? he quickly shook the thoughts out of his head shortly after thinking of them. harry won't hate him. he's been talking to him for three weeks now and he hasn't showed any hate toward louis.

minutes later, louis' phone lit up once again from a text harry had sent.

harry
okay i'm ready. i'm gonna use my laptop to facetime you.

louis
alright me too. let me go grab my laptop and i'll call you.

harry
okay

louis quickly ran to his room, flopping on his bed where his laptop was sitting. he opened it, typed his password in, and clicked on the facetime app. he came across harry's contact while scrolling through all of the contacts he had, and hovered over the call button for a few moments, staring at his cute little contact picture he had set from one of the photos harry had sent him. "alright here goes nothing." louis said to himself, clicking the call button. it rung a few times, before the ringing stopped and a face appeared on the screen. all louis could do was stare.

"hi" harry laughed.

"you're real." louis said softly, laughing as well with the biggest heart eyes.

"i'm real." harry laughed again. he didn't think louis would react like this.

"and your voice is... deep." louis began. "a lot deeper than i expected.

"yeah i know." harry rolled his eyes jokingly.

"so um, how are you doing?" louis asked, staring deeply at the green eyes in front of him.

"i'm pretty good. i just got better though. you?"

"i am so good. i'm literally facetiming you. this is crazy." they both laughed together.

without realizing the time, they both sat talking for almost four hours. they both learned many more new things about each other, making them both the happiest they've been in a while. when they ended the call after promising each other that they would call again the next day, and louis sneaking in a 'goodnight cutie' before harry could say anything, louis set his laptop on the ground and then flopped down on the bed, not being able to sleep for another hour because all he could think about was harry. little did he know that harry was doing the same thing as he was.