Chapter Two: Hatching a Plan

AHSOKA TANO

Their voyage was uneventful, other than Ahsoka’s rib injury acting up a little. To everyone’s relief, it was doing a lot better and healing normally, which meant that they would soon be free of the multitude of medical droids that were always milling about.

Most were in a peaceful state of mind as they flew through hyperspace, but Ahsoka was not among them. She was the only one who knew of the terrors that lay ahead on the path of the Jedi. That was why she had to get back to Coruscant in time, so that she could search the Archives for clues about the mysterious Order 66, and who was causing it. 

And what did Anakin want to tell her about? It had something to do with him understanding about the way that she and Lux felt about each other. Had he been in, or was he in, a relationship with someone? And if so, was it someone that she knew? 

Too many questions unanswered, she thought, exasperated. But she could give no more thought to it: she was too tired, and wanted to go to sleep. She lay down in her room in the sleeping quarters, and watched darkness fill her vision as sleep overcame her.

Ahsoka was awakened by the sound of the ship landing. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes she made her way to Lux’s room. He was getting a few things that he had unpacked for the journey back into a suitcase, and looked up when she came in. 

“Hello,” said Lux, kissing her on the cheek. “Did you sleep well?” 

“Yeah, to a relative extent. I’m glad we’re here: I can finally start getting answers to all these questions.” 

 “Are you still sure that you want to break into the Archives for it?” 

“Yes. I think I’ll have to. There are classified holocrons to be found, and texts that aren’t supposed to be read because of the secrets that they contain. It’s the best place to start,” she explained. 

“Okay. But I’m not sure if I can help you with it right away: I have a speech to prepare, and then I have to present it in front of the full Senate.” He looked up from his packing. “But I will do my best.” 

“Thanks. I know you will. I need to go get my things.” She ran back to her room to retrieve her small bag. It contained little but the three cable guns, a small gun, a deactivator, her communicator and her Jedi cloak. Then she put on another cloak and pulled up the hood, to escape notice at the Senator’s side. 

They left the ship, and, along with some Senate Guards, boarded a transport that would get them safely to the Senate Building. Anakin was nowhere to be found, so she assumed that he was already informing either the Jedi Council or Chancellor Palpatine and his entourage of their arrival.