Moonlight Festival

The next day Seonghwa sits on his bed texting with Yuna, sunlight pouring through his curtains.

🐥Seonghwa🐥
Helllooooooo <3

🌸Yuna🌸
Hey Seongie <3<3<3

🐥Seonghwa🐥
So Guess what?

🌸Yuna🌸
What?

🐥Seonghwa🐥
You remember
Moonlight Festival?

🌸Yuna🌸
Yeah, why?

🐥Seonghwa🐥
Well it's on next
Saturday night!!
You wanna go?

🌸Yuna🌸
Ooh cool! Absolutely <3

🐥Seonghwa🐥
You can meet me at
mine around 6 & we
can walk there??

🌸Yuna🌸
Sounds good xx

That whole week Seonghwa was really hyped up for the event. Yuna talked about Hongjoong as usual and Seonghwa talked about the festival.

The week both felt like it went really slow and really fast as Saturday finally came round.

It was half an hour before Yuna was meant to arrive and Seonghwa had just got out of the shower feeling all fresh, his hair damp. He stood half dressed in ripped black skinny jeans pondering what else to wear.

Ting! Ting!

Seonghwa walked over to his bedside table and picked up his phone. The message was from Yuna

🌸Yuna🌸
Hey Seongie please don't hate me, but something came up, I can't come tonight😔

Seonghwa's mood dropped

🐥Seonghwa🐥
Aww, it's ok.👉👈

🌸Yuna🌸
I promise ill make
it up too you 😁🙏

🐥Seonghwa🐥
You better😓😓😓

Seonghwa sat on the edge of his bed, phone in his hands. Seonghwa wondered what was so important that Yuna had to cancel. She knew how excited he was to go to this event. It must have been important because she never cancels. He pondered asking her what came up but he decided he'd just ask on Monday at uni. Knowing Yuna she'd probably give him all the deets anyway.

He wasn't sure what to do now. He really wanted to go.

"Fuck it" Seonghwa said to himself springing up from his bed, "I'm going"

Although it wouldn't quite be the same without Yuna there, Seonghwa was a big boy, he could go on his own.

He chose the dark skivvy over the bright orange jumper which he was favouring when he thought he was going with Yuna.

He added some eyeliner giving himself an overall dark vibe to match his mood. Then topped the look with a leather jacket. With all that black it's a wonder he didn't blend into the shadows.

Seonghwa grabbed his wallet and stuffed it into his cute little Toothless shaped satchel (a huge juxtaposition on his overall look) and headed out.

As Seonghwa approached the park the music and voices grew louder and louder. People were already out and mingling as they enjoyed the festivities.

Lanterns and fairy lights were hung from the trees and tea light floated in the pond illuminating the park which was slowly slipping into darkness as night enveloped the day. There were lines of tents set up from different stall holders. In one section there were a bunch of food trucks set up with an array of table and chairs and a stage for live music. There were also a couple of rides set up from which cheers and squeals could already be heard. Despite being on his own Seonghwa was eager to look at everything.

Seonghwa started at the stalls investigating all the wares and trinkets on offer. He was always on the lookout for beads and charms to add to his collection. He was looking in a rack of clothes when he heard something.

"Seonghwa?"

He was full on in the masses of the people when he swore he heard his name. "It was probably for someone else" Seonghwa thinks to himself not even looking up.

"Seonghwa!?"

"SeOngHwa!!"

He finally looks up from where he was standing when he heard his voice being called a little more loudly and clearly.

He scanned the crowd and low and behold there was Hongjoong cautiously walking towards him with a wave.

"Hey!" Hongjoong said coming over to stand beside Seonghwa

"Hi!" Seonghwa smiles cheerfully

Hongjoong looks around "Where's Yuna? Should I disappear?"

Seonghwa shook his head, "Yuna's not here"

"Where is she? Is she at another stall? Is she meeting you here?" Hongjoong asked

"Nah. She's not here period" Seonghwa answered rather bluntly

"Oh. . So it's just you?" Hongjoong thought that he was coming with Yuna

"Yeah"

"You came on your own?"

"Yep"

"Well that's kind of sad" Hongjoong said it as a joke but Seonghwa had a hint of sadness on his face, he wanted ask why Yuna didn't come but decided not to pry.

Seonghwa shakes of his sadness and makes a funny snorting sound, and gives Hongjoong a 'really?' sort of face. "Says you! Who did you come with then?" he asks

"... No one" Hongjoong's bravery suddenly gone

"Oh. How long have you been here?"

"Not long. You should have messaged me or something we could have come here together, I actually walked here today"

" So no car?"

"Nope, I used my own two legs, they come in handy sometimes" Hongjoong's confidence suddenly came back in a flash

Seonghwa giggled at Hongjoong " You want to hang with me?"

"Sure! I needed someone to hold my phone while I take pictures with all this cool stuff" Hongjoong waves his hands at the cool lighting sculptures that were set up in the park for photo ops

"Of course you do haha, you better hold mine too then!"

They walk out of the stall they were standing in and into the next looking at some handmade bracelets.

"For the record I couldn't have messaged you , I don't have your number" Seonghwa says examining the bracelets and not looking at Hongjoong.

Hongjoong suddenly sticks his hand out in front of Seonghwa, palm facing up.

"What?" Seonghwa asks confused at what Hongjoong wants

"Gimmie your phone you goof"

"Oh" Seonghwa pulls his phone out and unlocks it for Hongjoong. Hongjoong takes his cherry red phone and types into it. He then holds it up to his face and pulls a peace sign

"There all done" Hongjoong hands Seonghwa's phone back to him

Seonghwa brushes Hongjoong's hand a little when he takes the phone back. He felt like he was seeing stars. Did Hongjoong really just give him his number? Does that mean he could text Hongjoong now?

Seonghwa opened his phone and looked at the contact. Hongjoong had saved himself as 'Joongie' and there right next to the name was the picture he had just taken on his phone for the contact photo. So not only did he have his number but he also had a photo of Hongjoong taken just for him. He quickly sent Hongjoong a string of emojis and sure enough Hongjoong's phone beeped in reply.

Hongjoong suddenly put his camera in the air directing it at Seonghwa's face. "I need a contact photo! Smile!"

Seonghwa looked up and smiled for Hongjoong.

a/n I literally just bought Illusion just for the satisfaction of knowing that I have one complete kpop album collection heheh. I'm now wondering whether I can continue to keep it as a full collection as they release more stuff?? hmm

Lorri xx