"Ah, Uchiha Itachi is it?" Minato raised an eyebrow, it had been seven years but he could recognize those eyes anywhere.

"Minato...sensei?" The boy called in shock, he was face to face with his kendo sensei. The man, the myth, the legend of the martial arts' world. "Kushina-san" he bowed to them both. When had they returned to Konoha? When he bowed he noticed the kid that flashed him a toothy smile. An identical image of them both, if that were even possible.

"Tou-san, was he one of your students?" He looked at his dad who rewarded him with a pat and a nod.

"Then you must be Sasuke-kun" Kushina sat down on her feet. The child looked at her friendly smile and wiped his tears only for her to smack him on the head. Her hair flowed dangerously "You're troubling Itachi-kun aren't you?"

Sasuke rubbed his head and stuck his tongue at Kushina. The only thing that stopped her was the love of her life holding her back from shaking the brat violently. Kushina was odd like that, Naruto spent a lot of time with his dad and his character resembled his twenty six year old father.

The two blondes both apologized and Naruto's ears perked up when they started talking about them both being the same age.
"Okaasan, can Sasuke and I go play?" He asked for permission his eyes forever glued on the kid that was all of a sudden latching to his older brother.

With the adults and Itachi giving consent, Naruto held his hand out. An action his parents found odd since he had only allowed them two to touch him in any way.

The youngest Uchiha, was hesitant at first but decided to take the offer since his brother was being pushy. Despite his young age, Sasuke had a huge ego so naturally he had refused taking Naruto's hand.

"I don't need your help, Dummy" he voiced out with bitterness in his voice.

"Dummy?" Naruto repeated, it was the first time someone other than his mother had called him a dummy. He smiled to himself at the compliment. Yes, a compliment, that is how Naruto decided to take it. It would be his nickname and then he could find Sasuke one too. Best friends have nicknames don't they? At least that is something the blond read somewhere.

It was an awkward encounter. They both were quiet for the most part with Naruto making more effort to salvage the non-existent friendship in his head.

Sasuke made a barrier and Naruto was, unbeknownst to the pale boy, smarter than he let show.
The wind howled as another silent break nested between the two kids. 'is this what he meant by play?' the Uchiha thought in boredom.
"Where in.... Konoha do you..mm...live?" Sasuke mustered the courage to ask.

"I live in Kirigakure, dattebayo?" he stated obviously. "Ah...this is my first time in Konoha, dattebayo?" he was only there due to an interview. Naruto at his young age had won his first world championship for his category.

"But your parents are from Konoha?" Sasuke said the word with bitterness.

"Yaa teme...are you gonna give me that "outsider" talk and treatment? Besides you asked where I live not where I am from dattebayo?..the answer for the latter would be Konohagakure, Teme" he crudely spoke. The dark haired kid almost winced at how unreserved the blond was.

"Tch, Usuratonkachi" he huffed as he looked the other way, embarrassed at his own stupidness. "I'll have you know I'm a genius." He stroked his wounded ego.