Chapter Two: Hospital & Home

Once the lights have faded, I glance at the wreckage of my car and the OD green Jeep. Claire and Leon had regrouped near their bike, talking in hushed tones. I clench my hand around the keys, walking over the militarized Jeep. Claire stays by the bike and Leon rushes over to me. "Why'd the car explode? Didn't you just buy it?" I nodded. "Got any enemies?"

I sighed. "I work for the BSAA. Everyone who works there, both large and small, have enemies. I just don't know who is against me yet. All I know is that Chris got injured in that hit, and I'm going to go to the hospital."

"Claire and I are going to head by your house and see if we can spot anyone nearby or if someone's rigged anything there." He says.

"Okay." I say. "Just please, the two of you be safe. Please. I don't want to lose anyone else."

"Will so sweetheart." He kisses my cheek, giving me a worried smile. "Go get him."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I sit in Chris' driveway, staring at the spacious home before me. The two car garage, the garden out front, and the tall entry door made of dark stained wood. It's beautiful. I sigh, breathing in Chris' smell inside the Jeep before turning it off and stepping outside. I walk in the dark, flipping through the keys until I found what I thought might be Chris' house key. I slide it into the lock, stepping inside. I flick on a switch, and take in the pale walls and the dark brown leather furniture. A giant flatscreen television rests on a platform. His kitchen is humongous, and I take in the same dark shade of countertop against white cabinets. I make my way towards the back, where I believe his bedroom would be. I crack open the door and peek. I see a bathroom, taking in the spa-like tub, a walk-in shower that could probably fit ten people. A double vanity with a single mirror spread across the two of them. I pull back, and then continue down the hall. I open the next door and I spy a king sized bed with a thick comforter the color of rubies, a dresser, another television, and a bifold closet. I step into the room, making a beeline for the closet.

Pulling it open, I see his clothing, ranging from leather jackets, jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, and sweaters. I knew he'd want something fresh to change into when he got out of being stitched up, and I snatch a black t-shirt off of a hanger, a new pair of jeans, tennis shoes, and make my way back to the dresser to pull out boxers, and socks. It felt almost normal to compile his clothes in his home. I walk back into the hall, setting the clothes down onto a table in the hall before going back into the bathroom. I strip off my clothes, shaking the dust off of them. I look at the shirt before making the decision to grab another shirt from Chris' closet to wear. Mine had holes torn into it from our fall to the ground.

I step into the walk-in shower, turning the knob. Hot water sprouts from the head, and I revel in the water pressure against my skin. I reach for the shampoo, smelling the sandalwood scent. I lather it into my hair, sinking into the image of Chris standing here with me. The way he could look at me, the way he could kiss me. It was hard not to let it out when he almost begs me to spill.

Next I grab his bodywash, rubbing it on my skin. It's smooth, and I relish in the feeling of it sliding along my flesh. I rinse it off with the water, sliding the glass open to reach for a plush towel hanging just outside of the shower. I wrap it around my body like a cloud. I pick up my jeans, my underwear and my bra, stepping around and into his room again. On goes my under garments, my jeans, and I find a spare t-shirt. I pulled it over my head. Grabbing the keys, and Chris' clothes, heading out the front door. I armed the house with the keyfob and hop back into the Jeep.

The ride to the hospital was long despite the short distance, and when I arrive, I park the Jeep away from the other cars so no one has the opportunity to scratch or dent the vehicle.

Inside of hospital, I make my way through the ER, asking the desk clerk where Mr. Redfield had been taken. Room 314 in the regular side of the hospital. I follow the cooridor, taking the elevator up to the third level. I pass a few doors, counting the numbers. A nurse asks who I'm here to visit, and I tell her Chris' name. "Oh, he's the handsome one they brought in with the metal sticking out of his arm." I look at her, almost amused. She situates me in front of 314 and I walk inside. Chris is laid in the plastic bed, looking uncomfortable. A blanket is pulled over his legs, and he's wearing one of thise back-less hospital gowns.

"I'm glad you're okay Chris." I say, catching his attention.

He looks at me in surprise before a smile graces his lips. "Rose," He breathes, sitting up. "I didn't think you'd come up here so soon."

"Of course I'd come here Chris." I giggle. "I brought clothes in case they discharged you."

I set his clothes down.

"Did you bring boxers?" He asks, raising a brow at me and giving me a half smile. I blush. "You did didn't you?"

"Well if I'm going to pack clothes I'm not going to miss out on anything." I tell him, feeling the flush creep up across my cheeks to my ears. "I made sure to get what you needed."

"How sweet." He chuckled.

I sit down in the chair that's provided in the corner of the room, the nurse taking one last set of vitals for the night before smiling at him and leaving the room. "Of course, I think I like you in a dress with no back."

The man blushes deeply, grabbing his chin with his good hand and rubbing his cheeks. "Well I mean," He choked.

"What, you don't think the nurses around here aren't admiring?" I ask.

He shook his head, laughing. "I can't help that they're looking." He rolled in his bed, laying on his side. "I wonder if someone else is admiring." He raises a brow, giving me a grin.

"How can I not?" I reply, blushing.