3 - Late Night Feelings.

" Asta. "

Whose voice had he heard? He asked himself this, yet he didn't turn his head to look. He only froze to rewind the noise in his head. His first guess was that it was Yuno.

It called him again. No, it wasn't... It sounded too young to be him.

" Asta! "

" Asta, Yuno has been waiting for you! "

He turned around to see a kid standing before him.

" You shouldn't be here, Nash. Why did you come find me? "

" Because. If Yuno comes out here crying because of you, don't blame me. He's the one who wanted me to come get you. "
No way. Nowadays, Yuno became more closed off than he was as a kid, so it was hard to tell if he cared for Asta anymore.
It showed in his actions towards Asta, since the church never bothered to give Asta the things a human needed to survive, Yuno took on the role at an early age to bring Asta whatever he needed. He didn't deserve to go through all the trouble of lying to the Sister and Father just to keep him alive.
" I'm not coming back. "

" What? "

" Nash... I don't want to live like this anymore. "

He looked away from the small boy and backed away slightly.

" I've been thinking about running away. "

" Why? "

" Don't you already know that by now? It's so obvious... Do you really think these bruises came from me being out here? "

Nash became quiet.

" Don't you think the way I behave is... Odd? The way I would come back from the village all messed up as well... There's a reason for all of it They're lying to you. "

" But Asta... Yuno loves you as much as you love him. I bet everyone else in the church does, too- " " They don't. "

The cold voice coming from the older boy scared Nash slightly.

" They never have. I know you're trying to make me feel better, but it isn't working. I-I... I'm sorry. "

He kicked a stray stone from the ground. It hit the base of a tree and bounced off.

The darkness in Asta's eyes left.

" Two days, alright? Don't tell anyone. You can just pretend I never existed. "

Nash nodded acquiescently and turned around and started walking.
He felt guilty for taking Yuno's place in paging Asta to stay.

Asta sat against the tree he kicked a rock at. He couldn't relax, but his eyelids were so heavy, and he was so tired. His heart was racing.
Nash knew how to keep his mouth shut. But with this? He had a feeling he would tell Yuno anyways.
Eventually, though, he feel asleep.