CHAPTER 19

Chapter 19: Escape And Confession

EVERYTHING was hazy in the eyes of the sedated Jean Grey. The room wobbled, voices and words weren't comprehended in her messy head. Everything moved in a blur.

Even the alarms that boomed everywhere weren't enough to snap her out of her daze.

"Hey! Henderson! That's crazy, I was just talking about you." Steve's voice was distorted as it reached her ears.

"Oh, my God!" Dustin and Erica paused after they entered the interrogation room and electrocuted the doctor. They were still out of breath after the stunt they pulled with the green acid to gain the russians' attention.

Seeing his friends chair bound, Dustin rushed to cut them out. "Get ready to run." He cautioned to the dumbly grinning Steve while Erica desperately shook Jean.

"Jean! Wake up!" The ten year old begged, beginning to gently slap the redhead a multitude of times to snap her out her state. All of her attempts proved futile and she sighed.

"This is not how this is supposed to work. You take care of me, remember?" Grabbing Jean's arm and raising her to her feet, Erica supported most of the older girl's weight on her and it proved to be too much. "Dustin, help me!"

To their luck, the four -and the sedated Jean- had no encounter with any of the bad men as ther rushed to the cargo-transporting car.

Steve and Robin wobbled their way into the back, giggling as they did while Dustin and Erica dumped Jean in with them.

"Jesus, slow down!" Steve slurred. The fourteen year old seemed to be driving like there was no tomorrow so they wouldn't get caught. The speed at which they were going was affecting the three in the back, with Jean who was seated suddenly falling over on her back.

"Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?"

"It's the Indy 300."

"No, dingus, it's 500!"

"It's 300!"

"Let's say a million."

Tweedledumb and Tweedledee laughed loudly, their amusement coming from a source unbeknownst to Dustin and Erica who were in the driver's and passenger seats respectively.

"What is wrong with them?" Erica moaned, distressed by the state of the three older people.

Dustin had a firm grip on the wheel, relieved to find that they were almost there to the elevator. "I don't know." He frustratedly shook his head.

Meanwhile in the back, Robin giddily chuckled before looking at Jean whose eyes were closed. "Oh, my god, she's so pretty while she's sleeping." She drawled, reaching out to touch the redhead's cheek, but her perception was so impaired that her hand touched the floor instead.

"Totally." Steve agreed, his eyes widened.

"You should totally kiss her so she'd, like, wake up." Robin suggested to Steve, giggling after she did.

Harrington gasped and pulled up both of his hands to cup his own cheeks. With the burning fever that was induced from the drug that was shot up in his system, he looked like a blushing maiden. "Nooo, you think so?"

"Nobody's kissing anybody back there!" Dustin growled. The young boy was losing his patience at the two's antics. Their drugged state seemed to be making them lose all inhibitions.

"Party popper!" Robin retorted, and it prompted a chuckle from Steve. A grunt soon was released from his mouth once the vehicle abruptly stopped and collided with something.