54- Love And Lies

"I was quite worried when your Patronus appeared this morning, so was everyone else at the Burrow that saw it. But since you didn't ask me to come straight away, I figured that it wasn't an emergancy" said Remus, as he sat down on the sofa beside Sara.
"I'm sorry that I made you all worry" apologised Sara.
"That's alright... You aren't in any trouble, are you Sara?" Asked Remus.
"No. This isn't even about me, it is about you"
"Me? What have I done?"
"You haven't done anything, not really"
"Then what-"
"I know about you and Tonks".

"Or more specifically, what is not going on between you and Tonks" Sara continued.
Remus frowned.
"I didn't think that my love life was any concern of yours".
"Well, it is" insisted Sara.
"How did you even find out?" Questioned Remus.
"Well, you and Molly were behaving rather strangely at dinner last night, when talking about Tonks. So I decided to figure out why. And then I remembered what form her Patronus now took, it was a wolf, like you"
"Alright, fair enough. Look, Tonks confided her feelings about me to Molly, and she's been trying to convince me ever since, that my reasons for not being with Tonks, are stupid. We didn't want you to know, because we were worried about how you would react, since me and you used to be together. But you've known me the longest, and you know what life with me is like. So you can understand why I don't want to bring Tonks into it".

"I do know what it is like being with you. And since we were together for years, and nothing bad ever happened to me, because of you. I'm also going to tell you that your reasons for not being with Tonks, are stupid" admitted Sara.
"I never hurt you as a werewolf, because you knew how to deal with me when I changed" reminded Remus.
"Well Tonks can learn how to deal with you as well, just like I did"
"You are a Maledictus, so it didn't matter if I ever bit you accidently because you wouldn't be able to turn into a wolf, since the bite has no effect on you"
"If you had bitten me, the venom might have killed me. But you're right, I could never have become a werewolf. However, that is not a good reason for not having Tonks in your life. She's an Auror, so I'm pretty sure she can protect herself when your time of the month arrives".

"Alright, forget the werewolf part. I am still far too old for her. She's the same age as Molly's son Charlie, afterall. She deserves someone young and healthy" insisted Remus.
"The age gap isn't that big. And if you both like each other, then what difference does age make?" Questioned Sara.
"I'm also too poor, since it is almost impossible for me to get a job. So I have nothing to offer her"
"That doesn't matter. We didn't have anything either, when we were together. We were living off money given to us by the Potters. We had nothing but each other, but we were still happy. So maybe you should give being with Tonks, a chance".

Remus lept up from the sofa, and turned his back on Sara.
"Stop trying to persuade me. It is not going to work, because I have already made up my mind" announced Remus, who then began to head towards the door.
"No wait!" Shouted Sara, as she jumped to her feet.
"I am not going to argue about Tonks with you any more. Whether or not I choose to be with her, is up to me and no one else. Not you, and not Molly" snapped Remus.
"Wait! You're right. The choice is yours alone, and I'm sorry for trying to force you to do something you didn't want to. I just wanted you to be happy. And if you're happy without her, then that is fine with me... But you can't go yet, because there is something else I need to tell you".

Remus sighed and turned around to face Sara.
"What is it?" He asked.
"I'm going to tell you something, and you're not going to like it. But I beg you to let me finish, before you get angry with me" replied Sara.
"Why would I be angry with you?" Questioned Remus, as he began to walk back towards her.
"I hid something from you. And I'm sorry. But at the time, I thought I was doing what was best for everyone. I know I should've spoken to you about it, but I was selfish, and I understand now that what I did was unforgivable-"
"Stop rambling Sara. Just tell me what you did" interupted Remus.
"I think it would be easiest, if I showed you".