43- Catch Up At The Burrow

Despite being promised months with her father, Sara ended up only having a few weeks, as his illness advanced very quickly.
Burying her father had been harder than she'd thought, but Sara was glad that she had his body to bury, unlike with Sirius, who had died leaving behind no body.
Instead of returning to Mary and John after her father's death, Sara decided to remain in Leo's house, since it had been left to her, and she felt like she needed a place of her own, to call home.
To keep herself occupied, Sara stayed in regular contact with Harry, and when she found out he would be spending the remainder of his holidays with the Weasleys, she decided to be at the Burrow when he arrived, to surprise him.

She was not alone at Molly's that evening, as Tonks had been there for dinner as well.
Sara often found Tonks at Molly's, when she visited, which she assumed was because Molly was trying to cheer Tonks up, as she had been very depressed since Sirius' death.
This confused Sara, as she hadn't realised Tonks had any strong feelings towards Sirius, when he was alive, as they hadn't known each other that well, despite being second cousins.
But whatever the reason for Tonks' unhappiness, it was so strong that it was causing her to struggle with her own Metamorphosing abilities, which is something Sara didn't even know could happen.
Another reason Sara thought that Molly kept inviting Tonks round to the Burrow, was because she wanted her son Bill to fall for Tonks instead of his new fiancè Fleur. But so far this had not worked.

When a loud knock suddenly echoed through the house, Molly lept to her feet and approached the door, but did not open it.
"Who is there?" She questioned.
Even though they both assumed it was going to be Harry and Dumbledore, Molly was taking no chances.
The Ministry had warned everyone to be careful with who they let into their homes, and Molly had taken this warning to heart.
"It is I, Albus Dumbledore, bringing Harry Potter" announced Dumbledore, from the other side of the door.
Molly quickly unlocked it, and ushered Harry and Dumbledore inside.
"I didn't expect to see you both until the morning" she admitted.
"We were lucky. Slughorn proved much more persuadable than-" started Dumbledore.
"Sara!" Interupted Harry, when he saw Sara standing in the kitchen behind Tonks.

"Hello Harry" grinned Sara, as Harry ran towards her, embracing her in a tight hug.
"Dumbledore didn't tell me you were going to be here" replied Harry, releasing her.
"Well, when he told me that he was going to bring you to the Burrow today, I decided that I had to be here, to see you" revealed Sara.
"It's so good to see you"
"You too".
"I'd better be off. Thanks for the tea Molly" Tonks said quietly, as she climbed out of her seat.
"Don't leave on my account Nymphadora. I cannot stay, since I have urgent matters with Rufus Scrimgeour" revealed Dumbledore.
"No, I need to get going. Night" mumbled Tonks.
"Why don't you come for dinner at the weekend, Remus and Mad-Eye are coming?" Offered Molly.
"No thanks... Goodnight everyone" Tonks said quickly, before heading out of the house.
Once she was gone, Dumbledore said his own goodbyes, before leaving Sara, Harry and Molly alone.

"How have you been Sara? You didn't reply to my owl last week" reminded Harry.
"I know, and I'm sorry, but it's been a tricky time for me. I burried my father last week, and yesterday I found his house-elf, Flea, dead in her room" revealed Sara sadly.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know" apologised Harry.
"That's alright. I didn't want you to know, especially when you've got enough to be worrying about at the moment"
"Still, I could've been there to support you"
"I think it was something I needed to do on my own. His funeral was a private affair, just me and Flea. And her death shouldn't have come as a big surprise, as devoted house-elves do often die at the same time as their masters, if they are old and weak, and Flea was certainly both of those"
"I wish you hadn't had to do it all alone"
"It's fine Harry, I'm quite used to doing things alone, if I'm honest. I've had a lot of practice at it".

Molly seemed to notice the tension that was now filling the room, so she decided to intervene.
"Are you hungry Harry?" She asked.
"Yeah, I am" answered Harry.
"Well sit down, and I'll rustle up something for you to eat".
Harry and Sara sat down, just as Crookshanks entered the kitchen, and jumped up onto Sara's lap.
Sara smiled, and scratched the cat behind his ears, making him pur.
Having him around reminded Sara of when her and Sirius were hiding in the Shrieking Shack, with Crookshanks bringing them news from inside Hogwarts. So it brought back happy as well as painful memories for her.
Sara looked down at Sirius' ring, which she was now wearing proudly on her wedding finger, and smiled. So far she hadn't recieved any awkward questions about it, and she wanted it to stay that way.