Lena Luthor x Reader Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Hello (Y/N). Why don't you join me and we can have a little chat. I have an offer for you that I don't believe you will be able to refuse." Lillian told you. You hesitated for a brief second because you knew how much pain this woman had caused Lena. Then you thought about the pain Lena had caused you, the way she had betrayed you. Without another second of hesitation you got into the car with Lillian. You would rather take your chances with her right now than with Lena. Lillian had always liked you anyways, said you had the makings of a true Luthor.

"I was so sad to hear about what happened between you and my daughter. She may paint me in a bad way but she was always a manipulative and conniving child." Lillian began to say. You looked at her in confusion. How did she know what had happened between you and Lena already? She must have seen the confusion clear on your face, because she smirked at you and said,

"I have eyes and ears everywhere and I have always kept a close eye on you and Lena. She may have painted me as this horrible mother but I do care for her just in my own way. Yet, when I heard what happened I knew I had to get to you. You may not be my child by blood or marriage anymore but you have what it takes to become a Luthor. I don't want your intelligence to go to waste so I am here with a proposition for you. Come with me. Join CADMUS and you can have your revenge on Supergirl for stealing Lena away from you." Your eyes grew wide as you stared at her. She couldn't possibly be serious could she? You knew you wanted to hurt Lena and take Supergirl down a peg or two but was joining CADMUS really the smartest option? You didn't know if you had it in you to betray Lena like this, no matter how much she hurt you. Lillian could sense your hesitation and she leaned towards you.

"I know that you may be hesitating to accept my offer. I can understand that. Lena isn't exactly the biggest fan of the work I do with CADMUS. It would hurt her to know that you have decided to join me. I just have one question for you though. Do you think she hesitated ever once out of all the times she cancelled plans with you to go and play house with Kara Danvers. Did she hesitate cancelling your plans when Supergirl came to her? Did she even think about how she was betraying you and your relationship for that alien and reporter?" Lillian asked you. She was trying to get your anger to override your moral code and your love for Lena. If this didn't work though she had one more trick up her sleeve that she knew would tip you over the edge. She didn't want to use it unless absolutely necessary though. She liked keeping her cards close to her chest and she didn't want to reveal anything that wasn't needed right now. You sat across from her with your hands clenched into fists as you felt the hurt and rage course through you. You were trying to calm yourself down though. You knew you needed to think about this rationally. You couldn't just join an organization like CADMUS without there being severe consequences. 

"I don't think I can do this. I don't think I can hurt Lena like this even after all she has done to me." you told Lillian trying to keep your voice as calm as possible. You had failed though, she could hear the anger and the hurt in your voice. You just needed a little extra nudge to push you over the edge. She had been hoping she would be able to hold onto this little secret for awhile longer but she knew there had been a chance she would have to tell you in order to get you to join her. 

"(Y/N), I understand. I don't hold it against you. I know how deeply you care for my daughter and that you don't want to hurt her. I just have one more thing I would like to let you know because I feel as though you should have all the information before making a final decision. The civilian identity of Supergirl is Kara Danvers and I believe that my daughter knows." Lillian said trying to come off as though she cared that you knew the truth. She had lied a little bit. She didn't know yet wether or not Lena knew that her friend Kara and National City's superhero were actually one in the same. She could see the instant that you got over your shock and began to connect the dots. It wasn't hard once someone had given you the information and once you had realized that what Lillian was saying was true, it was like a switch had flipped inside if you. All you could feel was your rage and you were trying your hardest to not lash out. You didn't want to hurt Lillian after all you thought she was just trying to help you. She was the only person that had the decency to be completely honest with you. You looked up at her and saw that she looked concerned for you. She was the only person you could trust right now. She had never lied to you in the past. In fact she was always brutally honest and right now that's what you craved more than anything. Honesty and so far Lillian Luthor was the only person to give it to you. You ignored the part of you that said something was going on behind the scenes that you didn't know about and held your hand out to Lillian.