Chapter 14: Secret Places and Haunting Pasts

Chapter 14!

The bright sun flowing through the curtains in vicious rays of light burns my eyes. Groaning I try to turn over but something heavy holds me captive. Ignoring the extra weight on my waist, I try to roll over in the opposite direction only to fail again. A soft sigh comes from my right and the heavy object around my waist tightens its grip on me.

Worry runs through my veins and I immediately pop an eye open investigating the source for my lack of movement. A lot of emotions run through my body when I find a rather tanned arm holding me in place, but the main one being confusion.

Taking a deep breath and slowly letting it out again, I allow my eyes to trail up the muscular arm until it lands on the face which allows me to let out a sigh of relief.

It's only Adam, not some random guy from the streets. Wait? Back up the truck... I'm in the same bed as Adam Johnston? I snap my other eye open and look at my surroundings.

Crap, I am in Adams room. I must have fallen asleep here after we finished our project. I begin to wriggle around trying desperately to get out of Adams iron grasp on my waist. But to no avail, Adam groans and nuzzles his head into my neck pulling me even closer to his body.

Oh god! I think I am hyperventilating. An involuntary shiver runs from the top of my spin to the bottom on body when Adams breath fans my neck, jeez is he trying to kill me here?

I feel like the skin underneath my shirt where Adam's hand lies is burning into nothingness. It's not painful though, it feels surprisingly good when the burning sensation sends little jolts of electricity through my body.

"Adam?" I whisper into the silence. I wait a few moments and there is still not a peep out of Adam. Sighing I try again.

"Adam? We have school" I say a bit louder, however my voice only just above a whisper. I also decide to give him a gently shake which causes him to groan and mumble a "MMHMM?"

"Come on, We need to get up" I tell him sternly, unfortunately my voice betrays me when I feel Adam gently press a light kiss to my shoulder, sending yet another wave of weirdness through my body and my voice to hitch.

"5 more minutes, I don't want to let you go yet" he mumbles into my shoulder, pulling me impossibly closer to him. A small smile graces my lips as my cheeks deceivingly turn red. When he says things like that, it makes it impossible for me not to admit my feeling for him to myself.

"Okay" I nod in a daze. "5 more minutes." I feel Adam smile against my skin, but don't say anything and close my eyes. My body slowly slipping back into the darkness but not before I feel Adams lips gently kiss my shoulder for the second time in 5 minutes.

***

3 hours later I wake up again. However this time I'm alone in Adams bed and 2 hours late for school.

"Fuck!" I mutter. I'm late for school; my mom is going to kill me. I sit up and Push myself of the bed heading downstairs, hoping to the gods above that Adam is there.

When I reach the kitchen, Adam is standing with his back to me hovering over the stove. The aroma of bacon and eggs hits me like a train and I quickly walk over to where Adam is standing, I look over his shoulder to see the delicious goodness being cooked in a frying pan.

"God, that smells heavenly!" I exclaim causing Adam to let out a strangled yelp and jump about 3ft in the air.

"Jesus, cupcake! You scared the shit out of me!" He breathed

"S-sorry!" I say in between hearty chuckles. His face was absolutely priceless. If only I took a picture, I would be a millionaire with all his fan girls wanting to buy it off me.