Chapter 7: Back Up

CHAPTER 7!

The next morning I wake up a 5am and go for a long needed jog. Jogging always makes me feel at ease, the way the cool morning breeze feels against my clammy skin, the way my feet hit the pavement with each step I take, the way my heart beat accelerates, it all adds up to this relaxed feeling that flows through my body.

Running plays a huge part in a soccer girls life. My usual position is striker but I sometimes play left back. I have skill in both areas but I guess I enjoy the feeling of getting the ball within my possession and hearing the familiar smack of the ball hitting the back of the net, there's just something about it, that makes me so... So content. Both positions are challenging and involve a lot of running which means my old coach used to make me go on individual runs to be able to keep up my stamina, I guess I'm so used to running on a morning it just stuck and became a part of my routine.

I haven't practised playing soccer in what's seems like forever but it's actually only been five days since I last did with my old team.

Thinking about my old team makes me sad; we won two state championships and are currently national champions. That's partly why I don't want to join my new schools soccer team because I know I'll have to compete against my old team who are also my best friends.

I also know when we played against South high last year they gave us a run for our money and there's a chance if I join the team this year I'll take the national title away from the only team I've ever felt apart off.

I'm not saying they are good enough without me because that's not true, the team just had a tendency to get too worked up before a game and as my role as the captain I had to calm them down every time things got nasty, no one else knows how to do that on the team. The new captain used to be one of the worst offenders for causing commotion, so I doubt she knows what to do ether.

I need to find a team that's outside of school, so it has its own championships, its own nationals and its own league in which I can't feel as if I'm doing something wrong. That way I can still be scouted for a scholarship and be able to play the one thing I'm truly good at.

With that settled in my mind, I change route and make my way home.

*^*

Walking into the girl's locker room last period, I'm relieved to see Emily getting changed along with another girl.

"Hey em!" I greet with fake happiness as I take the locker next to her and begin to change into my sports shorts and an old training top.

"Hey lil, wait are you okay?" She asked frowning. Had my happiness been that fake?

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just I really don't like gym, you know?" I reply while scowling. I feel a little guilty about the fact that I'm lying to the people who are willing enough to welcome me into the clique but then I remember the fact that I'm doing this to have a fresh start.

"Girl, get in line to join the club." Emily says while chuckling.

Bumping hips with her, we walk towards the gym and take a seat on the bleachers while waiting for the coach to arrive.

"So are there any cute guys in this class?" I asked Emily casually while skimming my eyes over the room. To no avail there's no cute guys as of yet, but the gyms only half full so I still have hope.

"Yeah over there." she said pointing to the door. Snapping my head to the side, my eyes latch onto Adams body and dayum he looks H O T!

His body is clad in a tight white v-neck shirt which empathises his seriously toned body. He is also supporting red sport shorts and a pair of red and white air Jordan's. Talk about matching.