Part 9

I woke up with a terrible headache, I look around the room im on the flooron a blanket behind a fireplace. Fuck I am naked,  oh no I don't remember anything, what did I do? did I really get so drunk? I raise up with a blanket around me and walk to my purse, I sit down on the chair and pick up my phone it's 10 o'clock and I have several missed calls from mom. I lay my phone down on the cair and raise up to see if there is something to eat.

I walk in the kitchen and there is this metallic bowl cover thing sitting on the counter, I walk towards it there is a note on it, should I read it? I pick it up "dear Alice" my name? ok so my kidnapper also knows my name, I continue reading. "Dear Alice, good morning, im sorry im not there to hold around you when you wake up, but I promise i will be back soon I made you breakfast, hope you like it. yours only Jack" I put the note on the counter and lift up the bowl cover thing. he made me an omelet with a glass of milk and juice and painkillers for my head. "Jack, he came back for me," I thought and smiled "but how did he know I was going to that party?" weird. 

I sit on the couch in his jacket just browsing through tv, ugh theres nothing to watch. "Hello?" Jack says and closes the door. "Hi I'm on the couch," I say and keep browsing. he walks up to me and lifts up my feet to sit down. "Can I ask you something?" I asked him kinda mad, not looking at him. "Of course you can love, what's up?" he says and puts his hand on my thigh, I push his handoff. "Please, Jack dont," I said and looked at him.  "What happened to us? like I really wanna know, what are we actually?" I ask him and look at with sadness in my eyes. "Alice," he says and trys to grab my hand. "Jack answer me," I said looking down on the floor.

"Alice im sorry, I am really sorry," he says and tears up. I raise up from the couch, Jack tried to grab my arm, I turn back to him. "You didn't call me, text me anything," I said with tears running down my face. "I know im sorry," he said wiping tears from his face. "I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL JACK! I would atleest expekt you to visit me, check on me or pick me up" "you didn't check on me, your girlfriend who you promised to protect and watch over, you promised to love me, Jack! do you understand?" I ask him looking at him with curiousness in my eyes. "Alice, I love you, I have always loved you, I didn't forget you, I can explain," he said reatching his hand out for me, I grab it and we sit down on the couch again. 

"When your father fired me I walked out and I stood in the forest behind the house waiting for you, but you didn't show up, I walked to the city and on the way, I met this guy, he offered me a job I said yes, I got all the texts form you mother about you in the hospital, I wanted to see you but I couldn't, we were on a mission, I was at the airport and I saw your mother I wanted to hug her and follow her to the hospital, but I couldn't lose this job opportunity, I am sorry I didn't reply to your texts I have been werry busy" he says. "How did you know I was at that party?" I ask. "I work for the guys who arrange the party, I didn't know you were coming, but when I saw you I had to get you before you passed out or someone else got you," he said and held my hand. 

"What kind of work is this?" I asked him. "We walk up to people who havent paid us in time and get the money," he says and smiles. "That's just a nicer way to say, you kill people who lone money from you but never paid it back," I say and raise up from the couch, I walk towards his "work bag" I open it. "Alice," Jack says. "You have guns, is this how you "get back the money?" I ask holding a pistol towards him. Jack raise up and walks to me takes out the gun from my hand. "Alice it's okay," he says and holds me. "Jack its dangerous, don't you understand?" I ask him and look him in the eye.

"I don't want to lose you, Jack, not again," I say and puts my hand on his cheek and grab min in a hug. "I love you, but I have to," he says. "No, you don't have to do anything," I say and hugs him tighter. "I SIGNED A CONTRACT ALICE! I can't leave until the last mission" he says pulling me away from him and walks away from me. "Okay that's it im fucking done, im not going to lose you like that, id rather break up with you, then fucking losing you cause your fucking dead!" I say throws his jacket in his face and put on my clothes, get my stuff and walk out the door. 

I walk outside and start to cry, I pick up the phone. "Mom, can you please pick me up, right now, I want to go home," I say and cry, I text her the address. 

She arrives, I walk in the car put the seat belt on and cry in my hands. "What happened?" she asks. "Jack and I broke up," I say. "Oh Alicebaby," she says and glides her hand down my hair. "But it was for the better, I didn't want to lose him cause he died," I say. "What do you mean?" she asks. "Jack has a dangerous job, where he kills guys but he can die himself, he has one more mission before he can quit the job," I say and cry more. "eather way you do it you will still lose him, Alicia," she says. "Yeah but this way it's not so sad," I say and wipe tears from my face, I look at mom. "Right?" I ask. she stops the car and reaches out for me to hug her, I understand she doesn't agree with me. I start to cry more and hug her. "I'm sorry baby," she says and kisses me on my head.