Part 15

Dahlia's POV

(Before Remington found her again...)

When I woke up again, I found myself in a strange room I didn't recognize and in the bed of someone I didn't know as she tended to my cut on my leg. "Who-Who are you? Where am I?", I was a little scared because I wasn't sure where I was and I thought I would be dead out there. She raised her head up to me and said in a soothing voice, "Don't be scared, sweetie. You're with me so you're safe."

"My name is Cora, I'm the best girl in this place of business. What's yours?", I suddenly felt calm somehow and wasn't scared to introduce myself, "Dahlia. My name is Dahlia, like the flower." She smiled and nodded politely as she spoke again, "You don't know me, but I know you." I furrowed my brows in confusion, "How?", and then she pointed to my scar as she explained.

"I once took care of a strange boy who came in here a wreck and I volunteered to help him back up on his feet. Thought he was a regular old Joe until he started talking about a girl like you with black hair and hazel eyes with a scar over one of them. It was obvious to tell her was in love with you his whole life, and it surprised me more than when I realized it was Prince Remington who slept in that bed so many years ago and then left to have both of us continue our lives."

My mouth fell open and I was speechless to leave Remington had been waiting to meet me again this whole time and even loved me back then. I could feel my heart beat faster with the realization that Remington was the one for me and if I ever saw him again, I would never, ever leave his side. An hour later, Cora heard some people enter then went downstairs to check it out, and I ended up falling asleep and dreaming of Remington.

***

(After Remington found her again...)

"Remington", I said in a soft tone, "Can you lay next to me? I feel so cold." He nodded and did what I asked, and I could hear Cora close the door and leave me and Remington to our privacy as he laid on his side close to me and place his warm, soft and strong hand on my cheek. "I missed you, my sweetness", he said with slight anguish in his voice, "I was so worried about you", I buried my face in the pillow, feeling shameful about running away and abandoning Rem.

"I'm so sorry I left you, Rem", I said with guilt in my tone, "I was just too scared of my sisters and I had to try to escape from them one last time. But I ended up missing you and wanting you and hating myself for leaving you alone again. Please forgive me for being so selfish and cowardly." He shut me up by pressing his lips on mine and I didn't hesitate to kiss him back and feel myself getting calmer in his gentle touch.

When he pulled away, he wrapped his arms around and pulled me closer to his body, "You are none of those things, Dahlia. You are the strongest, bravest, and most selfless souls I've ever met in my life, and I just couldn't bear the thought of losing you again. I will protect you from your sisters and I think I know how." I was blushing at how close our bodies were when I asked him, "How?", he took a moment before answering.

"Marry me, Dahlia..."

Everything seemed to stop for a single moment when he said that last statement and I was unable to say or do anything. He just kept looking at my eyes only to show he was serious, and I was in a state of disbelief. "R-Remington...I-I don't know if...I mean nothing would make me happier, but-" He squeezed my hand tightly and declared, "But nothing. I don't care what anyone might say about us. All I want is you with me for the rest of my life."

"I want to rescue you from your family and bring you into mine with my brothers and my mom mother who love you already like you're a part of us. I want to give you the love you should have been given before and make you feel like the most beautiful girl to ever exist. I want to take care of you and protect you and make babies with you and raise them with you and just live my life with you. And even if you do marry me, I want to help you be independent and see you change the world as long as I'm with you."

This was so much to process for me, and I was feeling a million emotions at the same time. I've never believed I would be so important to someone when all my life, I've always felt so insignificant and inferior. Hearing the love of my life ask me to marry him so he can love me and protect me is something I believe would only happen in fairy tales.

I sat up from laying down and then Rem sat up too, still waiting for an answer from me. I held his face gently in my hands and gazed deeply in his soft, big, beautiful brown eyes as I gave him my answer and let all my tears fall down my face from my eyes.

"Yes, Remington. I will marry you."

He smiled brighter than the Sun that was starting to shine from the horizon, and then leaned in to kiss me so passionately and gently lay me back down on the bed. "I love you so much, Dahlia", he mumbled as he kept his lips attached on mine, and I smiled as I said back, "I love you too, Remington." He moved his lips down my neck and collarbone and I sighed in pleasure as he expressed how much he yearned for me and loved me. I lightly gripped his hair as he held me so close to him and make me feel like the most desired woman in the world.