9: Relief

= " All your worries... I'll blow them all away" =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

Tanjiro gasped, not knowing what was happening around him. A number of unknown people have gathered and is looking at him. He didn't know them. Why is he tied up? Why is he here? And what is this place?

He was confused, until Shinobu spoke.

"This is the headquarters of the demon hunters. You are on a trial right now, Kamado Tanjiro-kun."

As the pillars talked amongst themselves, Tanjiro roamed his red eyes around, searching for his friends, especially his little sister. He gasped when he saw Mizuki's form in between Mitsuri and Giyuu. Like him, she was also tied up. But there was also something covering her mouth and binding her legs unlike him. The two of them made eye contact and he can see the worry in her eyes.

Why would they tie her like that?

"More importantly, what are we gonna do about Tomioka?" A voice from above the tree caught Tanjiro's attention. "I have a headache seeing him not bound there. According to Kocho, Tomioka violated demon hunter conduct as well. How will we deal with him? How will he take responsibility? How are we gonna make him suffer?"

"Well, it's fine right? He followed me without creating a ruckus." Shinobu replied with her usual smiling face. "Let's think of a punishment later. More importantly, I want to hear this boy's story."

Tanjiro opened his mouth to speak but all that came out was a series of coughs. The Insect pillar brought out a small container, containing water with pain killers and let Tanjiro drink it.

"Don't worry about Hoshino Mizuki-chan. She woke up before you, so I already gave her some painkillers." She explained, taking the lid off the container. "Your chin is hurting so take your time drinking. And please tell me."

After taking a drink, Tanjiro started to explain everything from the beginning. Mizuki stayed in her place, finding the rocks more interesting to look at as her ears actively listened to what was happening around her. Just like she thought, not everyone would believe Tanjiro's story. And not everyone will accept Nezuko's existence.

She was also like that in the beginning. Hostile towards the sleeping demon in the care of Urokodaki. Mizuki grew to know the siblings more as she spent her time together with them. But not everyone is willing to take a good look at what was really happening. There are people blinded by their rage towards demons that they cannot just accept their mere existence.

They lost their precious ones, and it was something that cannot be undone no matter how hard they wished and try. People have different ways in viewing every matter after all. But there was one thing that she was worried the most about. That person still haven't showed up. And knowing his stubborn personality, he isn't someone who will easily back down.

It will be a hard mental and verbal battle. And it just started right now.

"Umm... But I have a question." Mitsuri intervened, stopping the heated verbal warfare. "It doesn't seem like oyakata-sama has grasped this situation yet. Can we just deal with it on our own like this? We should wait until he arrives."