2: Beautiful Dance

= "I wouldn't mind having my breath taken every time I see you so beautifully" =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

After their meeting at the mountain, Mizuki had became a frequent visitor to Tanjiro as he trained on the mountain.

Although, she was always coming very late in the afternoon. She told him that it was because her training with her master lasts until lunch so she had to delay visiting him.

Tanjiro even felt guilty that she's skipping half day of her training because she was always coming over but the girl shrugged off his concerns. Telling him that it was like she was also having her training with him which was also true since Urokodaki won't let her goof around while Tanjiro is having his training.

In short, she's also having a full day's worth of training, only that she was with Tanjiro during the latter half of it.

The sun had already set yet, the two of them were still on the mountain, descending as they evaded a more tricky, difficult and life threatening traps prepared by Urokodaki, which resulted in them taking more time than usual.

There are two of them now descending the mountain so the masked man thought that it was alright to raise the difficulty to another level. That way, they will learn how to read and team up with each other.

"It's already too dark, I can't see almost anything. But I can smell the traps with my nose so don't worry, Mizuki."

"Hmm." 

The girl only hummed as they ran on the dark. There was the light coming from the moon but it wasn't strong to provide enough because of the tall leafy trees hinding the light's path. The pair had stopped running and tried to sense their surroundings. Tanjiro tried to smell the traps but there came another scent that was preventing him from doing so.

It must be the work of Urokodaki.

Now that he was having difficulties of determining the scents, how will he be able to detect the traps that were hidden in the dark? While panting, his red eyes glanced at the girl who was busy and calmly looking around.

Mizuki spotted a tall tree and climbed on it, settling herself on the highest branch. Getting curious on what she was doing, Tanjiro followed after her.

The tree was tall so they were able to see the landscape with the help of moonlight but not the ground they were running on.

"There." She suddenly pointed at a certain direction after looking around. "There are 20 blades suspended on the tree. We need to be careful and disable the traps once we arrived there."

Tanjiro squinted his eyes, unable to see any of the blades she was talking about. How can she see anything in this darkness? Moreover, she had managed to count them too?! He blinked his eyes and looked at the girl in bewilderment.

She pointed to a much farther place than the one she pointed earlier.

"Over there is a pit. And right there is..."  Mizuki continued to point out one place after another nonchalantly, without even batting an eyelash.

Tanjiro became overwhelmed because first, he wasn't able to see what she was talking about, and second, it's dark so he cannot see! The reason was almost the same yet he just blinked dumbly and turn his eyes back to the girl beside him.

"You can see well in this darkness?" He inquired.

"Yeah. I can also see things from afar." The girl said with a nod. She pointed a finger at her eyes with a small smile. "I have a pretty sharp eyes. I can see very well even through the dark."