The head cover-3

Please vote and If you have any Muslim friends who like to read about a Muslim-girl's story, let them know. I needed all the help I can get to finish it within Oct 32 for watty awards. Vte and comment

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 3. The first time

Had you ever had this feeling that something was going to be wrong, even though you didn't know what it would be? I had that pure sinking feeling in my stomach when I went to bed after my early morning prayer. I wasn't anyway an early riser, but since I had to finish my Salah, I would just wake up exactly at 5 a.m., finish my prayer and then go back to my sleep. Yes, a lazy-bum, indeed.

But as soon as I closed my eyes, sleep didn't invade me like it would do every other time. The feeling in the pit of my stomach got enormously large and I hated that feeling. I stood up from my bed and picked my Qur'an. Whenever I read it at the time of grief, it offered me peace and contentment.

Surah 94. Al-Inshirah (The solace)

1. Have we not cause thy bosom to dilate,

2. And ease thee of the burden

3. Which weigh down thy back,

4. And exalted thy fame?

5. But Lo! With hardship goeth ease

6. So when thou art relieved, still toil

7. And strive to please thy lord

I loved this particular Surah where Allah relieved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) of his grieves. This offered solace to my heart too and I strangely felt calm once I finished the particular surah and continued reading further.

As I continued reading with the translation, the heat in my heart was soothed and my stomach uncurled. I silently whispered my thanks and a prayer to Allah before I went to get ready for the school. Yusuf would be shocked to see me up and ready this early. He would even have a heart attack! I sniggered before marching inside the bathroom.

I got dressed in my black over coat after wearing my long sleeved dress and a pant inside. I matched it with my white Hijab and placed it on my shoulder before I traipsed inside Yusuf's room. He was deep in sleep and I tiptoed towards the bathroom and fetched a jug of water.

He seemed so oblivious to my cunning plan as he slept peacefully like a baby. I grinned naughtily before I poured the ice cold water on his face. He jumped up with a loud scream 'Aaahhhh.'

"What in the world, Zara? You sick evil monster!" He glared up at me as I smiled heartily before running away. I knew what my status would be if I stood there another moment.

I picked my back pack and waved a hasty bye to my mom and continued to walk. I just wanted to walk today. It felt so refreshing to breath in the pure air without the smoke polluting your lung. My eyes scanned the green pastures on the side and massively grown green trees with wonder. If God hadn't offered me these things, how would be my life? Could I still live without the air? The water? But we human were simply ungrateful.