Second Announcement

Marigold's POV

Clove and I sat in the cave which we had been laying low in for the past few days .

We hadn't seen a single tribute other than one another since the death of Rue .

I knew something was going to happen soon considering the people who was watching in the capitol would be getting bored of watching at this point .

I frowned at the thought of how they praise the idea of innocent children murdering each other  and ripping people's family away .

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the second announcement in the past couple of days .

"Attention tributes attention ! Commencing at sunrise there will be a feast tomorrow in the cornucopia! This will be no ordinary occasion ! Each of you need something desperately and we plan to be generous hosts"

It was true Clove and I needed something . We needed fresh water . The lake had been somewhat contaminated since I was last near it . The game makers probably did that on purpose .

I looked at Clove who was looking dehydrated and got up to get ready for sunrise .

"What are you doing ?"
Clove asked .

"What do you think I'm doing ? I'm getting our supply that they are offering us"

"I'll come with you"

"No ! Look at yourself you will probably pass out"
I scoffed .

"Well if I can't go then you can't go either"
Clove stayed stubbornly .

"And why not ? You need this"

"B-because"

"Because what ?"
I asked .

Clove didn't reply causing me to continue with

"I'm going and there's nothing you can do about it"

I was about to leave the cave until I heard Clove say

"Because I love you and I couldn't live with myself if you died"

I raised my eyebrows not expecting this .

"When I first met you I never thought you would open up to someone like this"
I said softly .

Clove glared whilst giving me a look as if to say 'is that all you have to say' .

I quickly pressed my lips to Clove's leading to a long kiss before I pulled away and said

"For the record I love you too which is why I'm getting you these supplies and you won't stop me"