Chapter 6: Our Time In Our Town. (Fluff)

Start from the beginning

"Come on, Spencer. Sit down while I put these in water."

Elyse closed the door and walked into her kitchen and found an empty vase. Filling it with water, and an aspirin, she placed the flowers delicately inside. Suddenly she felt like she wasn't alone in her kitchen. Spencer stood behind her, watching, observing, noticing every detail of her frame.

His eyes moved over her. Examining her as if she was a piece of art in a museum. He started at her shoes, noting how they accentuated her calves. Gazing higher, looking at her legs, his thoughts drifting as his eyes met the line of her dress, flowing and lightly caressing her thighs, her svelte waist made only more alluring with her round, shapely, hips. This woman was the epitome of an hour-glass shape.

He took a step closer and reached around her, grabbing one of the delicate peonies and sliding the petals up Elyse's right arm. Grinning, he witnessed goosebumps appearing along her supple skin.

"I'm so glad you like the flowers..." He whispered as he tucked her wavy locks behind her ear. She bit her lower lip, feeling his breath and the caress of the flower. "You ready to go?" His voice soft against her.

Elyse turned toward him as their eyes met. Both of them swapping glances from each others lips back to their hazy eyes.

"Um....yeah....let's go.." Her voice wavered as his hands took the peony in his hand, tore part of the stem off, and placed the flower behind her exposed right ear while gently grazing the back of his hand down her jaw.

He took a half step closer, their bodies meeting. "You are absolutely stunning..." Spencer's lips trembled a bit, his hands aching to touch her face again. Who was he kidding? He wanted to touch her entire body.

Elyse lowered her head a little, fluttering her lashes. "We should.....get going Spencer....if...." She looked back into his molten eyes. "If we're...going to make...the movie."

Spencer nodded and took a few steps backward and as Elyse walked past him, he put his hand to the small of her back, leading her out of the apartment to his car. Opening the passenger side door, he took her right hand in his as she sat, adjusted her dress and looked at him until he shut the door and moved to the driver's side and got in.

The afternoon sun shone down in the windows of Spencer's car. The conversation was free flowing.

Spencer casually reached over and turned on the radio.

"Pick anything you like." He offered as his long fingers returned to the steering wheel.

Elyse leaned toward the middle console and started scanning the stations looking for something that suited their date. After a moment, she found it. A particular station that featured big band era songs from the late 1930's and '40's.

"How's this? Since we're seeing a period movie, why not music to match?" She looked to Spencer for approval and watched his nose crinkle a little as he then began to smile.

"I like this idea!!!" He agreed on the music choice as songs by Doris Day, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman filled the airwaves.

Spencer, at a light, gazed across to his passenger and marveled at her. She loved old writers, music and films. She mouthed the words to the song on the radio, her head tilted back, the wind blowing in her window and occasionally revealing a bit more skin around her collarbone. Opening her eyes, she caught Spencer's glance and blushed slightly, adjusting the collar of her dress.

"No. Don't do that. Don't fix it, please." He pleaded with her. Both for selfish reasons and because he wanted her to be completely comfortable around him.

Her delicate fingers released the fabric as she slowly trailed her nail tips down her chest and placed her hand at the hem of her dress.

When the light turned she stole her own glances of him.

"So tell me," he began, "What attracted you to this music?"

"My grandfather was a big Glenn Miller fan and when I was little he'd play a particular song and would put my tiny feet on his and dance with me."

"That's sweet. What song?"

"Moonlight Serenade. I've always dreamed of having just one more dance with my grandfather to that song, but he passed when I was 6."

Spencer reached to her shoulder to offer comfort. "I'm sorry..."

"Oh, that feels like a million years ago, but I do still miss him." She tapped Spencer's hand on her and smiled at him. "All of my family, except my brother -Jeff's Dad- have passed."

He returned his hand to the wheel as he pulled into the theatre lot. They looked at each other as the engine was turned off.

"I'm really sorry. That must be hard having very little family left. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my Mom. My Dad left us when I was young, but J.J has brought Henry into my life, as you know, and it's such a pleasure."

"And you're so good with him. He's a very fortunate boy to have you as his Godfather."

"Thank you. I appreciate that. Well, we're here. Ready?"

"Definitely!"

The two walked to the old theatre's door. Spencer walked a few long strides ahead as they approached. He grabbed the handle, pulled it open and ushered Elyse inside with his hand to the small of her back again.

"Two please." He said to the ticket booth worker as the tickets and money exchanged hands. The booth attendant, an elderly man in his 70s, smiled.

"We don't get many younger people here."

"This is my favorite film. I love the classics." Elyse shifted her look from Spencer to the old man.

"Well, enjoy it. Say, you two remind me of me and my wife when we were young."

"That's sweet! Maybe that'll bring us luck as this is our first date." Spencer interjected as his arm reached around Elyse's waist.

"Couldnt hurt!" The gentleman shrugged and giggled. "Enjoy the picture."

The couple walked away, his arm still around her waist as they approached the concession.

"Popcorn?"

"I'd love that Spencer. Can I also have a diet Dr. Pepper?"

Spencer looked at the employee and ordered a medium popcorn, two diet Dr. Pepper's and, after looking at the candy selection, he bought sour patch kids.

The theatre was slightly lit with floor lights and dim overhead lights. Elyse grabbed a piece of popcorn as she stopped at the seats, turning to Spencer noticing only two elderly couples sitting near the front.

"Where do you want to sit?"

"Back row sound ok?" His hand on her elbow assisting her up the steps. Chivalry was definitely not lost on this man.

Elyse walked to the middle of the row and sat down. Offering the bucket of popcorn to Spencer and putting her drink in the hole on her right arm rest. He grabbed a few kernels and munched away.

The movie began as they both settled in, leaning slightly toward each other.

Spencer turned his head toward Elyse and watched. She was completely taken in by the film. The look on her face, pure bliss.

"Last night was amazing." Spencer whispered in her left ear and even though the theatre was dark, he felt her skin flush with heat immediately.