There were a few people enjoying the sun—some of them were playing beach volleyball, some were getting a tan, surfing, or trying out some water sports.

"Good morning"

I looked behind and saw him wearing nothing but an aqua blue beach shorts accentuated with tribal pattern.

I felt my heart skip a beat. He was still handsome as ever especially if he just woke up.

Ann: (smiles awkwardly) h..hi.

I croaked.

James: Going somewhere?

Ann: (looks away) Yeah.

I looked away and tried to look busy by scanning the photos I took yesterday.

James: Want me to join you?

I sighed exasperately. I hate the fact that he acts as if nothing happened—as if he didn't hurt me!

Ann: No, thanks. I'm fine.

I said it without looking at him. I don't know why I got really pissed—was it because I hate him? Or because I hate myself for not hating him?

Argh! Really this frog drives me crazy!

I kept my eyes on my camera when I suddenly felt his chin on my shoulder blades. I immediately fliched and stepped away.

James: (smiles) what? I wanted to see the photos, too.

My heart skipped a beat again.

Fuck you, James.

James POV:

She blushed. I saw her blushed. I was certain that she blushed.

The whole night I was wondering if she still has feelings for me. She's very hard to read now. I don't really know why, but I want her back. I freally want her back. I want to bring back the times were together and I'd turn it all around.

I can't really understand myself but all I know is that I want her back.

She took another step back.

James: (smiles) you look wonderful today, Ms. Li.

Her brows furrowed and she pursed her lips but I saw her ears turning red. She blinked a couple of times, probably thinking how to respond.

Ann: Look, Mr. Reid.

She put her other hand on her hips.

Ann: I don't have time for this. I don't know what you're trying to do but I did not come here for you.

James: (smiles sarcastically) I did not say anything about you coming here for me. I'm just admiring your look today. You look less of a bug.

Ann: (rolls her eyes) Really now? Are you trying to piss me off?

James: (Snorts) Are you pissed?

Ann: NO, I'M NOT!!!

Oh god, how I missed fighting with her.

3RD Person POV:

James went closer to Ann. As he stepped forward, Ann nervously took few steps back.

James: Ann.

Ann: w..what?

James: Do you still love me?

Ann's heart was in the verge of bursting. She didn't know what to say. She swallowed and cleared her throat.

Ann: Not anymore.

James took another step closer.

James: Really? Prove it.

He stared at her with those eyes which she fell inlove with and every second she felt her knees getting weak.

But she must resist. She needs to resist.

Instead of taking steps back, she stepped forward, making their faces inches away.

Ann: NO.I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE.

Strange, but James liked the way she fights back now.

"Good morning!"

Both of them were stunned and immediately looked towards one direction.

He looked fresh and Ann could smell his citrus-like perfume as he went near them.

Ann: Sam!

She felt relieved!

James: hey, man.

James looked at Sam with a straight face. He knew what was going on inside his bestfriend's mind. He knew he won't go easy on him.

Sam: (glares at James) hey.

Ann hurriedly ran towards Sam and clung on his arm.

Ann: Uhm. Can you please go with me?

Ann was so desperate to escape from the situation. She doesn't want to waver anymore and she's determined not to entertain any hint of fondness for James.

Ann: C'mon, Sam.

She grabbed his wrist and slowly dragged him away. After a few steps, she looked back at James.

Ann: Uhm.. See ya. Bye.

James released a deep sigh. It hurts right to the core seeing Ann and Sam walking away from him.

While walking on the seashore, he can't help but to wonder what would would it be like if he didn't cancel the engagement. At first, it was liberating to think that he could be with Ericka without having problems with Ann-—but now, he doesn't even know if he's happy with her anymore. All he he could think about was Ann.

He closed his eyes and sat on the shore, hoping the waves could somehow wash away all the pain.

Ann's words echoed on his mind. Those words cut deep in his heart. He was so used to hear her say that she loved him and that she won't ever give up on him. Now that she clearly said she's over him, it somehow drived him insane.

He felt a tight grip in his heart—-as if there were chains trying to crush it into pieces.

He took a deep breath and let out a frustrated sigh.

He wanted to cry.

James:fuck everything.

He knew he messed up and worse, he can't have her back anymore. 

______

I am still trying to get back on track. Please bear with my plot haha nag aadjust pa ako e.

Take care, guys!

xx