Chapter 18

I woke up in my own bedroom, smiling when I remembered the night before. I groaned and stretched my stiff muscles. I felt a little sore but I didn't mind. I realized that I was fully dressed and vaguely remembered Logan gently sliding my clothes on and carrying me back to my own room before anyone noticed.

       A light knock sounded on the door and Abby barged in. She had a huge smile on her face when she saw that I was already awake. "Thank goodness," she said. "It's time to get ready Shyanne! The ceremony is in three hours. Let me know when you're out of the shower. I'm going to fix your hair and Mackenzie wants to do your makeup."

      I nodded and she left the room. I slowly stood up and dragged myself to the shower. I washed off my body and rinsed off the soap. I got out after a while and dried myself off with my favorite, fluffy blue towel. When I looked in the mirror, I saw that the mark that Logan gave me last night was already a pink scar.

      I brushed out my hair after towel drying it and then pulled the dress from the box. I put it on, along with the strapless bra Mom had suggested I wear with the dress. 

       The dress fit perfectly and the clingy satin accented my curves. I smiled at myself and then looked down at the wretched box of heels. I frowned and reluctantly sat down to slide them on. I slowly stood up and cautiously walked back and forth, trying to get used to the deadly shoes.

       I finally pulled out my phone and texted Abby to let her know I was done and ready for her. It wasn't a minute later until she burst into my room with Mackenzie behind her.

       They both smiled in approval of my attire and pulled out my desk chair then pumped it up to the right height. I sat down and Abby went to work on my hair while Mackenzie went to get her "supplies". 

       Mackenzie came back a few seconds later with a giant bag full of beauty products. It had a bunch of different toned foundations, concealers, and highlighters. My eyes widened in surprise but I didn't say anything. 

       Abby decided that she would do a fishtail braid, saying that it was simple, yet elegant. After she braided it and pulled out a few of my shorter strands to frame mmy face, she used what seemed to be a half can of hair spray, trying to get my hair to stay.

      When she was done with that, Mackenzie immediately started in on my makeup. She put a bunch of crap on my smooth face and rolled her eyes but took it off when I complained that I didn't need it. She still did the rest though.

       She applied a light blush to my cheeks, some darker blue eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and some bubble gum pink lipstick and a coat of lip gloss. She plucked my eyebrows and then filled them in, and made me put on Gage's fake earrings.

       After what felt like an eternity, she told me that she was finished and I turned to gaze at the stranger in the mirror. Although I didn't really wear makeup, it worked wonders on my face. I actually felt kind of pretty.

      When I turned to face them, Abby and Mackenzie shared a quick glance and a smile before giving each other a high five. 

      Abby said that we needed to go before we were late and she carefully led me downstairs. The house was quiet and empty, which I took to mean that everyone was already crowded around in the backyard for the ceremony.

       Abby went to find her seat and as the last one to be mated, Mackenzie led me down the aisle, arm in arm. Soft music started playing when we stepped out and everyone stood up to watch me walk down the aisle. Gage stood up front on the stage and he was wearing a suit, his hair slicked back, and a smile plastered on his face. At least he cleaned up nice.