Chapter 4

I tried hard to focus on the pages in front of me, I really tried, but it was impossible when I was drowning in his scent. Every time I breathed in, it filled my nose and my air ways, choking me, but in a good way… God, that sounded so weird and stalkery that I wanted to stab myself with a spork.

        I shook my head and tried once more to look at the book in front of me. Now, I concentrated really hard.

         Introduction to Lycanthropes

         Lycanthropes, also known as Lycans, are usually mistaken for werewolves; the human shapeshifters. While Lycans can also pose as humans, Lycans are their true form. They are stronger, bigger, faster, and more superior in almost every aspect when compared to a werewolf. They are much harder to kill than werewolves and they are much more dangerous. Making a Lycan mad tends to be lethal. 

         They are one of the rarest supernatural creatures on record but their lifespan is eternal. They tend to live in packs but some are known to travel and split off from the group if they feel threatened, unwanted, or simply just bored. They have been known to overpower werewolf villages and reign over them.

         To identify a Lycan in their true form, they are tall, averaged at about seven to eight feet tall. They can stand, walk, or run on both their hind legs or all fours. They have wolfish features, but are more humanoid.

        In their human form, they are averaged to be above six feet tall. They have all the human features and usually stand out in a crowd. Their height and unusually light eyes are a strong indicator of a Lycan. They appear attractive to lure in prey and if they want a hunt, they'll be more than happy to chase.

         That's when I stopped reading. My heart was once again thundering in my chest. His eyes. They had been so familiar to me and I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed since everything had happened just last night. The guy that made my hair stand on end, but also made me want to bathe in his scent. His unusual piercing eyes. It was him. He was the lycan from last night.

         I thought over all of our conversations, trying to find any hints or clues that he really was the one. It dawned on me that he had known my name earlier. How did he find that out? Was it from one of the professors taking attendance? No because they knew who we were already so they did it quietly. Was it the same as when he knew that I was an Omega? How much did he know about me? 

         I jumped when I heard the bell ring. It was time for lunch. I was so occupied with my thoughts that I didn't pay attention to the time. I gathered my things and stuffed the Lycan book in my bag. I smiled at Mrs. Pitcher on the way out and left.

         I went to the cafeteria and paid for my drink. I already had food, but I didn't like bringing a drink if I could help it because it wouldn't be cold by the time we got to lunch. Since most of the tables inside were filled, I took my stuff outside, since it was sunny with a few clouds and it was warmer today.

         I took my stuff and sat against a high wall where people were less likely to see me. I didn't really like attention so I usually sit in the back of the classrooms or the far corner if I can. I sat at the barren wall at the far end. There was hardly anyone out here so I was alone, except for the group of people that sat underneath a tree farther away in the courtyard. It looked kind of like a study group but I chose to ignore them.

         I pulled out a turkey sandwich that had cheese, mayo, and pickles on it. My god, how I loved pickles. I took a bite and then leaned my head back against the wall. I let my mind wander again to the possible lycan. No, it wasn't just possible. It was definitely him. I could feel it in my bones.