Chapter 15

Logan's P.O.V.

       I watched as her eyes closed and she fell asleep with a content smile on her full lips. I wanted her so badly, it hurt. I would have to be patient though. I wanted her to accept me more than anything. 

       I thought about what she said earlier about time. You shouldn't be afraid to take a risk because you may not have time to do it later. Her words rang in my head like a mantra, repeating over and over again. I needed to take the risk before it's too late.

       I remembered the mating ceremony that would be held soon. My grip tightened around her and pulled her even closer. She was mine and I damn sure wasn't letting that lying, manipulative bastards take her from me. 

        She stirred a little and I looked down at her beautiful face. Her mouth was parted as she breathed in and out, snoring so softly that I don't think human ears could hear it. Her long eyelashes lay resting on her cheek and her tiny, pointed nose twitched every so often. The slight splattering of freckles made her nose look even smaller. Her cool breath fanned over my bare chest and I could still smell the alcohol. 

        I brought my hand over to push back a strand of hair from her face and I noticed that the corner of her lip twitched up. I knew that she was asleep but it almost seemed as if she were fighting a smile.

       I lay there for hours, watching her face subtly move in sleep. Sometimes her mouth, eyebrow, or nose would twitch a lot and I'd think of a bunny every time she moved her nose like that.

       I was glad my brother wasn't here. Before I moved in with the pack, I stayed here with my brother. I had given him the house after I left and he told me to come back anytime, I just hoped that his offer didn't change in the past couple weeks.

        I looked around, and my room was the same way I had left it. It was clean and my empty laundry basket still sat in the corner. The door to my bathroom was slightly ajar, like I always kept it and my dresser still held pictures of my brother and I, hanging out or on vacation.

       Out of all my family, my brother was the most supportive. Though he still doubted my control, he didn't tear me down like the rest of our family did. He was the closest thing I had to a best friend.

        When I moved out of my parents house, I got a job and found this apartment. I used some of my college fund to help pay for the rent and about a year ago, my brother found me and decided that he would crash on my couch. Finally, I turned the spare room that I was using for storage, into a bedroom for him and we split the rent. I felt kind of bad for leaving him at first. He'd have to pay full rent now and his music career wasn't exactly taking off yet, like he had wanted it to. I finally closed my eyes and fell asleep, wrapping Shyanne tighter in my arms.

       I woke up and I could see sunlight trying to break through the curtains. I groaned and stretched, trying not to wake Shyanne up. She stirred and turned around to face me.

       Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled up at me. She laid her small hand over my tattoo, just as she had done last night. Jer hand trailed up my neck and rested on my jaw. I didn't move as I studied her face while she rubbed her thumb back and forth across the light stubble that had appeared on my face.

        I smiled and she must have felt the muscles move because she looked up at me through her thick lashes. She still had a small smile teasing her lips. 

       "I have a headache," she whispered.

       "Do you want some Tylenol?" She nodded in response and I slowly climbed over her and stood up. I went to the small bathroom that was connected to my room and opened the built in medicine cabinet in the mirror. I shook out two pills from the bottle and walked back out to hand them to her.