I had to squint through the rain that was falling on my lashes, but it was still difficult to see. There were no streetlights here and even my werewolf eyesight was no help.

       I  kept walking, trying to look for any familiar landmark that I might recognize. I heard a weird droning sound and by the time I saw the car coming towards me, it was too late. The front bumper slammed into me but stopped. I fell to the ground and I felt pain in my ribs. The car door opened then slammed closed.

       "Jesus Christ Annie! Why did you hit my car like that," asked a familiar voice. I couldn't help but laugh while I was on the ground and I reached up to take Gage's helping hand. 

       "Tell your car to get out of my way next time," I threw back. He chuckled and helped me to the passenger side. Once we were inside, I relished the heat of the car. "Why the hell didn't you use your headlights, you dumbass?"       

       He looked at me with a straight face. "Maybe I just wanted to run you over without you running away," he said, like it was obvious. A second later, he burst out laughing and I shook my head. "If that's the case then you are a terrible person," I said.

       He scoffed and I smiled. "I'm hurt. I can't believe you think that about me." I rolled my eyes and then he smirked at me. "I'm a great kisser though, right?" I looked over at him and laughed. 

      "Sure, sure," I teased. He looked offended and I laughed again. "Who could be better than me," he asked. Logan. I almost said that out loud. I have never even kissed Logan before. That thing in the library yesterday didn't mean anything because I didn't kiss him back. I needed to get a life. Soon.

       "You got me," I said, hoping he didn't notice my pause in thought. "I have no idea." He smiled triumphantly making me chuckle. It was silent in the car for a few minutes until he sliced through the silence with his voice. 

       "What were you doing all the way out here in the first place?" I just shrugged and answered honestly. "I was walking home and I guess I was so lost in thought I didn't know where I was." Then I turned my body towards him. "How did you know where to find me?" He smiled a little.

       "I didn't know. I've been driving around for hours looking for you. The alpha left about an hour after he arrived home saying he was going out to look for you. He hadn't come back yet, so I decided to add another search party," he explained. 

       I only nodded in reply. Why was Logan looking for me? If he thought he was going to get anything out of acting like he cared then he was badly mistaken. 

       "I got suspended," I said, trying to break another lengthy silence. His eyebrows lifted and he glanced at me. "Why?"

       "One of Logan's sluts decided that they could try to fight me. It didn't last long though. I broke her wrist after she broke my necklace." 

        "She broke your mom's necklace?" I nodded and he grabbed my hand over the console. "I'm sorry Anne." He knew how much that necklace meant to me and I could tell that he was trying to comfort me, but it didn't help much.

       He changed the subject quickly because he knew me well enough to know that I didn't want to talk about it, though I couldn't say the new subject was much better. "Who's Logan?"

       "Logan. The new alpha, Logan," I informed him. His eyes widened in surprise. "I didn't know he went to school with you," he said. I nodded once and then looked out the window. "You shouldn't call him just Logan though. You'll get in trouble." I snorted.