AIFILAW - Part 3.

“All I want for her is that she finds a way to be who she is.” 

― Laura Goode, Sister Mischief.

   ******

(Not proof read)

Drishti sat on the bench in the garden and tried to calm herself. She was emotionally drained but she knew she had to compose herself for her sister. Despite being twins, she would always be her baby sister and she knew this latter cared for her a lot. She knew Divya would worry for her if she saw her in this state. 

Wiping a tear off her cheek, Rakshit's words still rang in her mind. The moment he had dragged her to their room, she knew he'd hurt her again and like every time, she was angry and hurt but she couldn't reduce herself to hate him. He was always taunting her because she was wrong in the way she had married and she acknowledged that but he sometimes implied she was characterless and that she couldn't accept. 

From the bottom of her heart, she knew he cared for her and looked out for her but there was also this side of him, who refused to open up to her and maybe she was the one to blame for that. 

She had seen the jealousy in his eyes as soon as she caught his stare but that was something he would never admit. Drishti had learn how to decipher his emotions without him voicing them out and from the very first second, she was certain he didn't like Aman. She had seen his possessiveness and didn't know what to think of it. Did he feel real for her? Or was she only seeing things? 

She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't hear Aman sit next to her, and jumped when he addressed her. 

"Hey. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." 

"No it's okay. My fault. I was not paying attention." She replied, wiping another tear.  

They kept quiet for a while and Aman was the first one to break the silence. 

"I'm sorry Drishti. I didn't mean to bring troubles for you."  

"Don't be. Mr Shergill doesn't leave any occasion to taunt me." Drishti chuckled. She had understood what Aman had meant to do and a part of her had wanted to know too how Rakshit would react. 

"Divya told me everything, you know? I mean how you two met and everything that followed." 

"I know." Drishti said with a smile. "Divi told me she would and honestly I think it is a great thing she has someone else to talk to. I think maybe sometimes she doesn't want to make me worry and it is good to know someone is there to hear her out." she continued with a sincere smile.  

Aman reached out for her hand and pressed it softly. 

"You know, you don't have to bear it all alone, you know? Now do not interrupt me and hear me out. Divya is my sister and so you are. You have another family out there who loves you. You can always count on me. Dee told me everything on how your mother in law wanted her son to marry another woman. Damn, who wants that when the man in question is already married?" 

"She is a mother and she doesn't think I am good enough for her son." Drishti replied, on the verge of crying. 

"Look at me." Aman said, grabbing her chin softly and made her look at her. "You are an amazing person. Nobody is perfect. Don't let them belittle you like this. You can't change what has already happened but you can change what will. You both are already married now. So fight for your rights. I've seen it in both your eyes. You love and care about each other. You are both just hard headed and won't admit to each other. That's why I pulled this little act back there so that this stupid husband of yours could come to his senses." 

"It is most likely he will lose his senses." Drishti replied, giggling. She was thankful for Aman, as she knew he was right and thinking about it, she might like his plans. "Dude, you are as cunning as Divi is." 

"Well, she learnt from the best." Aman replied proudly, making Drishti laugh out loud.

"So what's the plan brother?" she asked mischievously. She was so in for this. 

"There's no plan yet but we can discuss with Dee later. We can say the mission has already started though." he said with a wink. 

"Oh really? Was that little act the starter?"

"Little? Do not offend me sister. And no, it wasn't." He said holding his heart faking hurt and then bent over to kiss her on her cheek, shocking her. "Now, my dear, this is the beginning of fun for your mister is never too far away from you and I can smell the burn from here." he said with another wink, amused. 

Drishti tensed when she understood what he meant and looking slightly to her left, she noticed her husband watching them, with clenched fists. She gulped when she realized he had been there the whole time watching them. Her heart ached knowing how he might be feeling, but then he knew Aman wanted to help and it might be a good thing to do. Two could play this game for he always let Lavanya touch him everywhere not at all worried about her feelings when she wasn't even his sister but his ex! So, listening to her head and not her heart for once, she hugged Aman to sincerely thank him but also for Rakshit to watch, because the game was on!