_________________________

"Anna! Would you do me the honor of a dance tonight?" Anna can't help but beam at a smiling and dapper-looking Ashe as he extends his hand out.

"I would love to, Ashe! Although...if I'm being honest, I'm not very confident in my waltzing abilities..."

"Hehe! That makes two of us then! I was in Sylvain's room all afternoon trying to improve my footwork, but I'm eager to show off my training!"

Anna can't help but feel her heart light up at Ashe's angelic smile. She only smiles as he gently takes her hand in his and leads her to dance floor. She giggles at his eager smile as he sets his arms into position.

"Then, it would be an honor."

As Ashe and Anna dance away on the floor, it isn't long before other members of the Blue Lions house also ask for Anna's hand in a dance. As the hours pass, Anna laughs, chats and beams under the lights of the glowing chandeliers. As her current partner twirls her, she can't help but look around at the smiling faces of everyone in the room. With recent events, it's no news that tension had found its way to the hearts of everyone in the monastery, but this-- this was a nice change of pace, Anna mused.

And yet, she wondered...why did it feel like she was looking for someone among all the faces. Where was Felix? Did he decide not to come after all? But wait—why was she thinking about Felix in the first place! Surely her attention should be focused on the ball and--

"Pardon me, but might I ask for the next dance?"

Anna's eyes widen as she looks over at a smiling Dimitri who interrupts her current partner. The boy nods and separates from Anna as Dimitri immediately takes his place. A wave of heat captures Anna's face as she loses herself in the sapphire eyes of her princely house leader.

"D-Dimitri..."

"Shall we?"

Before she can even answer, Dimitri grabs her hand and they begin to dance. As she stares into his sapphire eyes, she can feel butterflies begin to flutter in her stomach.

"Forgive me for intruding, but I noticed you've danced with almost everyone in our class. I... couldn't help but want to join in. I hope you don't mind." Dimitri muses.

"Of course not. It's an honor, your highness."

Dimitri's eyes soften and he shoots Anna a tender smile. He guides her gracefully across the floor as their waltz continues on with the music.

"You know.... I'm usually against people calling me that....but....somehow, when you say it-- it's different. Almost as if... I want to live up to that title."

Anna beams a proud smile at Dimitri as he twirls her to the melody of the music.

"You will. I know that in my heart to be true. You will be a king that will bring peace and a new era onto Faerghus...and I gladly look forward to doing all I can to aid your cause."

Dimitri's smile only grows wider as he pulls Anna closer. "Thank you...Anna. Your words, well, they give me more comfort than I can express. The Blue Lions are lucky to have someone as reliable as you in our midst."

As the song ends, another girl approaches Dimitri and asks for a dance. Dimitri shoots Anna a polite smile and walks off with his new partner. Anna's heart once again lights up as she takes in the lively atmosphere around her.

Heehee. I think I danced with almost everyone in class...well...everyone except...

As if to finish her sentence, Anna spots a bored looking Felix leaning against the wall. His arms are crossed, and she watches as he stifles a yawn.

Pffft. Life of the party much.

Anna bites her lip as she watches Felix. She can't help but remember watching his sweaty, glistening figure as he trained earlier...oh, yes. How could she forget? The sight of sweat dripping down his neck, the water he drank, slightly pouring out of his lips and wetting the transparent fabric of his chest and--

W-what am I thinking?! Anna's face heats up as she slowly brings her attention back to Felix. His eyes momentarily catch hers and she can't bring herself to look away.

Well....I....I suppose once dance, couldn't hurt.... could it?

Anna keeps her gaze on Felix and Felix stares back. He seems to stiffen as she begins to walk towards his direction. As she nears where he is, Anna opens her mouth and Felix looks away. She could swore she recognized hints of pink color the tips of his ears, but before she has a chance to speak--

"Felix! What are you doing?! You can't just lean against a wall all night!?"

Anna watches as Ingrid swoops into her path and chastises Felix. Felix shoots her an annoyed look as he frowns.

"Well, why the hell not?"

"Because, this is a ball--!"

Anna bites her lip as she immediately changes course.

Perhaps now isn't the best time...I'll ask him later. Instead, maybe a small break is in order. I'm beat.

As Anna dives back into the crowd, she silently slinks off towards the exit. Felix looks around as Ingrid continues her banter, his eyes flock to where she once stood, but there's no sight of her.

"And so-- Felix? Are you listening to me?"

Ingrid catches wind of Felix's intent surveying of the room and she curiously attempts to follow his gaze.

"Felix? Are you looking for someone?"

A loud, annoyed sigh escapes Felix as a frown settles onto his face. He scratches the back of his neck before turning his back to Ingrid.

"No. I'm going to get some air. I can't stand this place any longer."

"F-Felix...wait! Ugh...he never learns."