A Lion in Love

Authors Note: Hello! This is my OC x Felix fic! It was originally supposed to be a Felix x Reader story, but I thought that writing "Y/N" or "You" or "Reader" the whole time would be a little awkward. So I gave the OC a name, "Anna"! ^^ I hope you enjoy it!!

_________________________

Chapter One

White Clouds

Horsebow Moon

A Lion in Love

__________________________

"HRAAAAAGH!"

With a large thud, another sandbag dummy falls to floors of the training ground. Felix pants heavily as he slowly opens his eyes and looks around at the sea of beaten up sparring dolls strewn around the floor.

"Huff....huff...."

Felix narrows his eyes at the doll's painted smiling face as beads of sweat run down his neck and face. He takes a deep breath before standing up straight, tightly gripping his sword. He closes his eyes as the crackling of the torches' fire is now the only sound that fills the vast emptiness of the room. It's the dead of night and everyone else at the monastery is asleep. Hell, he should be too. Exams are coming up and the Blue Lions must set off for their monthly mission in a few days' time. But he can't.

He can't sleep. He can't concentrate on his studies. He can hardly do anything without thinking of her.

"What the hell is wrong with me?"

Felix mutters as a wave of fatigue takes over him and he drops to the ground. On the ground, he stares at the beaten-up sword in his hand. He's beaten it down so much in the just the past few hours of the evening it looks as if it could already break in two. Felix sighs as he lays on his back to look up at the stone ceiling.

He closes his eyes and once again, without his authorization nor his want, his mind begins to flood with thoughts of her. "Lady Anna", as she's known around the monastery grounds. The newest transfer student to House of the Blue Lions.

At first, he thought she was just another delicate noble girl with no backbone. She was quiet. Reserved, even. I mean anyone would've had the same impression—she didn't do too much to draw attention to herself, but polite enough to make conversation with for the first few days in her new environment... but, boy was he wrong. The minute their first assignment took them to the battlefield together and he saw her grab a sword-- well, everything changed.

The way she carried herself, the way she fought-- it reminded him of a swan. It was a mix of grace and elegance... but also, peerless strength. Determination. And bravery. 

Hell, she had thrown herself in front of a sniper aiming at Annette and protected her with everything she had—without barely knowing the girl's name. It's no question as to why the Blue Lions had welcomed her with open arms after that. She was kind. She was brave. She was beautiful and without a doubt... she was completely taken with Dimitri.

Anna was level-headed for the most part and even he could tell she wasn't one to put her emotions and feelings for all on display to see. But the way she looked at Dimitri...well, it was enough to ward off even Sylvain's advances. After their first month together, he began to take more notice of her behavior. Every time the boar prince would stand in front of the class and recite speeches or train with Dedue, he would always find her eyes transfixed to him. Wherever he was, she was never far off. She watched him with gentle eyes, almost as if she wanted to protect him. Embrace him. As if he was the first fallen snow and she adamantly loved the winter. Her feelings were as clear; clear enough for someone even like Felix to see.