❀ sweet

| three |

╔═══════════════╗

yunho placed his hand gently on my back as he walked me out of the pub. the night was a bit cold and busy with a lot of people enjoying a friday night.

as yunho and i made our ways towards his car, he suddenly let out a loud sigh.

“i don’t know if i should say this... especially since you’re the closest to him,”

“what are you talking about, yunho?” i tilted my head at him.

“seonghwa’s girlfriend, hyeri... i don’t know though, i just don’t like her.”

“huh?” i was shocked because yunho was a very welcoming person who would never hated anyone. and it reminded me of the first day i met yunho. seonghwa was the one who introduced me to his friends including yunho. and i could still remember how friendly yunho was and how he welcomed me with open arms.

“what i know is only san and wooyoung hate her gut and the rest are just on the fence. but i really didn’t expect that coming from you.”

he chuckled as he unlocked his car. then, the both of us got into the vehicle and without wasting any second, he explained, “i just don’t know, tho... i always see the best in people, you know? i really tried not to judge her too harshly, but it’s almost been a year and half and i still don’t see anything good in her. well, except for her face. but yeah, she put seonghwa hyung off in front of us, she whines and complains so often, she even makes hyung pay for everything.”

i was quiet as i waited for his car to warm up. yunho was right. she always turned dates down because she was always ‘busy’ with work or friends. even when seonghwa asked her out in front of us, she never gave him face but instead rejected it. she made a lot of fuss too. most of the time when we all were out for a reunion, it was mostly acquired to her taste because she was picky with everything.

coming to think about her again, i wondered if i should tell yunho about what i saw on the other day or not. i knew that i could trust him though. so, i recounted everything to him. and when i was done, i ended with “i don’t know i might be wrong, though. maybe i saw the wrong person.”

the drive to my house went silent for a while. yunho looked as if he was thinking. then, he muttered, “i trust you more than i trust her. i doubt you’d make a mistake over something so serious.”

“d-do you think i should tell seonghwa? about her?” i looked down at my fidgeting fingers.

he glanced at me before returned his gaze to the road again. “it’s your call.”

“i don’t wanna hurt him,” i sighed. “but worse, i really don’t wanna see him get fooled...”

“you know what,” yunho turned a corner and i could see my apartment building in sight. “seonghwa hyung is a man and he can think for himself. he should make his own decision; whether he wants to be hurt temporarily, or if he wants to continue to fool himself.”

“so, you think i should tell him?” i concluded.

yunho just shrugged, but i already knew what i was going to do. seonghwa had been my best friend for years. he should be able to trust in my words, right?

i let out a heavy sigh, thinking hard of how i should tell him. i really didn’t want to hide the truth from him but i was afraid of how things would turn out. and more important thing was how would he react. i came back to my senses when yunho called me and then i realized that he had parked the car.

“do you wanna come inside for a while and rest? i can make you a cup of coffee, you look tired,” i asked as we got out from the car. i noticed that he looked exhausted and i wanted to return the kindness as he had driven me home.

“should i? am i not burdening you?”

“why would you? let’s go.”

╚═══════════════╝