❀ sweet

| one |

╔═══════════════╗

“hey, isn’t that girl over there is seonghwa girlfriend?”

i stopped talking about the latest movie and looked around for the mention girl whom my friend, nara had spotted. and there she was. except, seonghwa was not with her. i assumed that she was out shopping with her friends because she looked as if she was waiting for someone. she couldn’t waiting for seonghwa though, because he was the biggest gentleman who would pick anyone up at their doorsteps.

“do you wanna say hi?”

i contemplated the decision. be rude, or be nice? she hadn’t seen me yet, anyway. but i was also not the kind to just ignore a friend. though, she was just technically my friend’s girlfriend.

“yeah,” i nodded and started to walk towards her direction.

but as i started to approach the lone girl, she looked up from her phone, as if someone had called her. as nara was wondering who she was beaming so widely at, i had already caught a sight of a person walking to her direction— more specifically, a guy. and that was when i saw how seonghwa’s girlfriend, hyeri transformed into someone else’s girlfriend. then, she covered her left hand with her right one, seemed like she was struggling as she tried to take something off.

i remembered seeing a ring on seonghwa’s right hand. a ring that turned up so out of the blue on that day and i knew there had to be a reason for it. and i remembered him saying that it was a promise ring. hongjoong immediately gave his best friend a sly smile and seonghwa just shook his head and laughed. he said it wasn’t a big deal and that it was normal for couples to have a promise ring.

and when i noticed the band of silver on hyeri’s finger, i could only wish them happy anniversary. but right now, as her left hand uncovered, i no longer saw that familiar ring on her finger.

i knew something was not right.

something wasn’t right when she looked ecstatic, meeting a guy who was not seonghwa. something wasn’t right when she took off her promise ring and hid it away from the sight.

i hoped nara had seen nothing as i put my hand around her. “hey, let’s go back. i don’t wanna disturb her.”

“are you sure?” nara frowned at me. i nodded, but then she glanced around as if she was looking for someone. “she’s still waiting for her friend tho—”

“right, nara, you have to tutor a student, remember?!” i exclaimed.

“oh, right!” she snapped her fingers. “let’s go then! you aren’t so close with her, anyway.”

“hmm yeah, right..” i mumbled, giving hyeri one more look as nara started pulling me out of the scene.

the guy was approaching closer and just a few steps away from her, but before he could reach her, hyeri walked up to him and put her hands around his neck. i was holding my breath when i watched the hug went on for like a long time before they broke away and smiled at each other. i quickly turned away with my heart pounding in my chest. i was glad that nara was complaining about her bratty student rather than being interested in what made me so wide-eyed.

just for one last time though, i turned my head again. but i couldn’t look at them for more than a second before i looked away immediately.

the two were caught lips-locking.

╚═══════════════╝