Chapter 21

Rose lay sleeping beside Nik as she waited for his body to recuperate following the experience he had gone through.

Rebekah sighs sadly as she watches the sight before her. Rose clearly adored Nik and vice versa. Rebekah doesn't recalling ever being so terrified in a really long time.

Seeing Nik like that, it's not an image that she wants to see again anytime soon or ever!

He may be a classic asshole when he wants to be but he was still her brother and they loved each other.

Rebekah had been scared that maybe the dagger would kill him. That maybe their mother had found a way from beyond the grave to get rid of them without the use of the White Oak stake.

"Rose" Rebekah whispers as Rose turns to face her, her hand clutched tightly in Nik's pale one. "Can you step outside for a second?" She asks gently. Rose turns to face Nik, looking conflicted with leaving him alone for even a second but she nods as she gently releases his hand.

Even in his deep state of sleep he doesn't want to release her. His hand clasps hers tightly.

"I'll be back" she promises him as Rebekah looks at her with a grim and heavy heart

She's never seen her brother this weak or injured in a thousand years and it's very unnerving to know that demons have weapons that can do this to them.

"I promise" she adds as she kisses his forehead tenderly as he finally releases her hand. She follows Rebekah out the room where Elijah was waiting for them.

"Rose..."

"Where are Kol and Bonnie?" She asks them, noticing the lack of two other presences.

"Kol is helping Bonnie get rid of the blade" Rebekah explains, "Rose what happened back there?" She asks her best friend.

"Demons" Rose replies, close to tears. "They used a demon blade on him" she explains to them.

"Do you think that they've been spying on you?" Elijah asks her worriedly

"It's likely" Rose nods, "they caused the fire in the Hall" she informs him as Rebekah's grim look worsens at the memory, Elijah doesn't respond because he already knows this and he doesn't want to explain how he came across the information right now, "they won't stop at anything until I'm dead and now..." She trails off as tears slide down her face, "now Nik is like this because of me" she adds hoarsely as the guilt weighs heavy on her heart.